NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the Bucs (And Gradkowski) aren't half bad this year. Today wasn't a great example, but they showed they can hang with good teams in a few games. I think with time Gradkowski could be a fine QB, and you can't forget about Williams.

As for the whole Lions/Raiders debate, I can see the Lions getting another win this year (If only for the low quality teams in their conference) but Oakland won't stand a chance against KC, San Diego & Denver. They might come close, but their offense has vanished.

That said, I think if the Lions do get the 1st overall pick, they should get Troy Smith. He can spend a year to learn under Jon Kitna (See Matt Hassleback & Carson Palmer) and than take over the season after. Sucks for Kitna, but he is probably used to having his job taken by a younger QB by now.

Quinn wont happen.

The Lions are not selecting a QB this year in the first round with Kitna and McCown under contract. They need to continue building on the defense, or the offensive line.

What they need to do is just erase everybody right now. Get rid of Millen, the whole coaching staff, and start from scratch again. Rod Marinelli has his head up his ass, and is a fucking terrible coach. These guys are never ready, and they are still making the same stupid mistakes dating back to the 1990s.

This team really needs to build a defense before they can even think of going 7-9. I think it's obvious to even the most brain dead fan that defense is going to be the focus of this team's off season.

And yes Haj, they are worse than the Raiders. Don't kid yourself.

Don't act like Kitna and McCown are worth anything...they are at best backups and should never be a starter...If the Lions get the No.1 pick and keep it, Quinn will be the pick.

Never did I say that Kitna and McCown were worth anything. I said that they were under contract, which isn't an implication that they're worth anything. It means that the current regime will stick with these guys, especially with Marinelli being a defensive minded coach. It's obvious that the team needs to build the lines and defense, which is where Marinelli started last year. He doesn't have the proper group for his Cover 2 style of D, and needs to bring in guys that can make plays on defense.

If the defense could stop anybody, Kitna and the current offense would be adaquete for us to atleast contend for a wild card spot. Kitna's had some bad games, but he's also had some very good ones.

Quinn wont happen.

The Lions are not selecting a QB this year in the first round with Kitna and McCown under contract. They need to continue building on the defense, or the offensive line.

What they need to do is just erase everybody right now. Get rid of Millen, the whole coaching staff, and start from scratch again. Rod Marinelli has his head up his ass, and is a fucking terrible coach. These guys are never ready, and they are still making the same stupid mistakes dating back to the 1990s.

This team really needs to build a defense before they can even think of going 7-9. I think it's obvious to even the most brain dead fan that defense is going to be the focus of this team's off season.

And yes Haj, they are worse than the Raiders. Don't kid yourself.

Don't act like Kitna and McCown are worth anything...they are at best backups and should never be a starter...If the Lions get the No.1 pick and keep it, Quinn will be the pick.

The Saints throw a hail mary to end the half and get it, to go up 21-6.

I fucking love the call, that is a coach with some balls. Don't fucking kneel on it like a chump, go for the fucking jugular and bury your opponent. I wish Sean Payton was hired by the Lions.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Get complacent all you want damshow, this was the most unprepared Steeler team I've ever seen.

The offensive line couldn't block anyone. The team didn't even seem to care that they had a game to play today.

Horrible effort.

Ravens have a great defense, but the Steelers have handled them before...not today. Embarassing performance.

Ravens' offense still doesn't seem good enough to get them far in the playoffs, but with that defense, they don't need to be that good.

This is the first Steeler game I've ever stopped watching before the clock hit 0:00.

Embarrassing. Bill Cowher, Russ Grimm, they need to be held accountable for this team not being ready.

The Steelers just quit at the end. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop every game the rest of the way.

Tremendous talent...shit coaching staff. No one's prepared. No chance to win.

As much as it pains me to say...the Ravens are the better team this year. From coaching on down. Ray Lewis is still the most overrated player in all of football. But Adalius Thomas might be the most underrated. If the Ravens don't re-sign him, I'd love for the Steelers to get him. He's better than every linebacker on the Steelers right now.

This game was pathetic.

Yeah, you can't really argue that the Steelers would be 7-3 if they didn't turn the ball over because well, they turned the ball over. That's a team trait and you can't blame it on them having their heads up their asses because it's more than that. I can argue that if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over as much, they'd be 7-3. It's an unrealistic argument because if anybody turned the ball over less, you can probably assume that for a majority of the teams in the NFL.

And come Sunday the Ravens will prove to not only you and the Steelers, but also the rest of the league that they're not a team that will just lie down and let others dominate them. Especially if Ray Lewis is back for the game. My money's on the Ravens D making Ben look like a fool.

And I'm excited that the Niners are actually at .500. I sure as hell didn't expect, but hey, they're there and there's always a possibility that they could end up with a wildcard spot.

Ray Lewis is the most overrated player in the game. Always has been. He gets so many phantom tackles it's pathetic. And he even admitted that he can't do anything unless he's unblocked by asking for a fat dlineman to take his blocks.

Brian Urlacher is all over the field making plays blocked or not. And I don't see Urlacher getting 15 credited tackles by pile jumping or being in the area.

I hope Dan Kreider's healthy so he can knock Ray's head off....again.

And "Be"...it's an expression. Meaning the Browns have sucked and will continue to suck.

No point in having McNair get hurt. Although it's not like the Steelers would've actually hit him.

EDIT: And to add to my post, I hate the Ravens. Their criminal players and their cocky overrated team. But unlike the Bengals, I can at least respect the Ravens' fans. They root for their team no matter what. Great loyalty.

I'm just happy the Ravens are on top of the division instead of the Bengals. I mean of course I'd rather the Steelers be in first and both the Ravens and Bengals sucking, but if I had to pick one of those 2 teams to be on top, it'd have to be the Ravens.

The Bengals have the most annoying "fans" in the NFL. Hell the majority of them didn't even watch football 3-4 years ago.

Edited by Evil Chase K

The Saints throw a hail mary to end the half and get it, to go up 21-6.

I fucking love the call, that is a coach with some balls. Don't fucking kneel on it like a chump, go for the fucking jugular and bury your opponent. I wish Sean Payton was hired by the Lions.