The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

For heavens sakes, I'm right, it couldn't be made more clear in the comic, I was there, reading it, in the comic book shop where I work, with my boss, and we both called it weeks ago, and we both knew we were right, there's really no "if" about it, even the baby's features are intentionally drawn Jean Grey-esque and Cyclops has a momentary flash of events with Jean >_>

While I suspect you are correct, Mike Carey has said in a few interviews that it's not who you think it might be, not connected to who you think it might be connected to, and so on and so forth. In other words, while fandom at large seems to think it's Jean, that may be a great big ass red herring. Something to keep in mind while you're patting yourself on the back so hard, sir Benji.

Also, for Srar:

youngx1.jpg

YOUNG X-MEN #1

Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM

Pencils by YANICK PAQUETTE

Cover by TERRY DODSON

Variant Cover by MARC SILVESTRI

In the wake of Messiah CompleX, there are no X-Men and young mutants Rockslide, Blindfold and Dust are alone and directionless. Until the day Cyclops recruits them to hunt the new incarnation of the Brotherhood – and kill them. Joined by a pair of new recruits, the young X-Men learn a hard truth about the world post-Messiah CompleX: sometimes old allies make for deadly enemies.

32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

FOC - 3/13, On-Sale - 4/2/2008

While I suspect you are correct, Mike Carey has said in a few interviews that it's not who you think it might be, not connected to who you think it might be connected to, and so on and so forth. In other words, while fandom at large seems to think it's Jean, that may be a great big ass red herring. Something to keep in mind while you're patting yourself on the back so hard, sir Benji.

I was told that spoiler was regarding Xavier not being dead, but I could be wrong, still, I don't think they made a point of it being Jean for no reason, it's her in some way shape or form, of course, the big question is, who is the mother and father? The child is supposed to decide whether the future will be the bleak one we saw or one of the other two we didn't, and the only mutant with that kind of power in my book is Jean Grey, since it's definately someone we've already seen. Until they revealed it was female I was hoping it could be X-Man, that would've been an awesome twist, especially since he's rumoured to be returning.

Next Millar project.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=144471

Spider-Bitch? Hulk's inbred grandchildren Beau and Luke Hulk? Ahahahaha oh my god!

Edited by EbeCloud c-heat

Do you mean the costume or the issue as a whole? If the latter, I told you so, if the former, you can blame Alex Ross for a rare miscalculation. I do like him having the gun, but the overall design just screams "I'm pretending to be something I'm not", which is the first thing that should be HIDDEN for a move like this.

Do you mean the costume or the issue as a whole? If the latter, I told you so, if the former, you can blame Alex Ross for a rare miscalculation. I do like him having the gun, but the overall design just screams "I'm pretending to be something I'm not", which is the first thing that should be HIDDEN for a move like this.

Both. Bucky was only compelling as this renegade outsider acting as Nick Fury's eyes and ears. Bringing him back to the mainstream totally eliminates that mystique. I don't know if it's the pressure of writing multiple titles, but Brubaker's work as a whole has been slipping.

And the costume is awful, too.

I have to say, I've noticed it too, even my perenial favourite Iron Fist seems to stutter every few issues (still placing it well above most comics), he needs to cut back or get co-writers on all his books IMO.

So five years in the making...

Y: The Last Man #60:

Wow, I loved it. Very logical conclusion to the series that even had a couple of small surprises I wasn't expecting.

Didn't expect the 60 Years in the Future style of telling the conclusion but it works better than any other way he could have done it. I just wish it was a little bit longer.

Glad they showed what Yorick did with 355 and I was actually fairly sad about Ampersand's end. I grew attached to that little monkey over the past few years.

Wished more would have been explained about the dynamics of the story. Like how the cloning is going and what not, with some form of explanation why Hero and original Beth hooked up. Eh well. It generally wrapped everything up that should be.

Yorick 'escaping' was an awesome end.

Thus concludes one of Vertigo's better titles.

Alas...