The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

What's the situation with Legacy this month? For whatever reason I keep seeing #211 and #212 getting released this month. #211 was a week or so ago and #212 seems to be on the slate for next week. Did I miss something here?

Okay, that ending to Iron Fist was everything I hoped for and more, I'm ridiculously dissapointed the writing team is changing because Iron Fist has consistently been my favourite book during its entire run. When issues 1-14 come out in TPB, collect them, they have been acclaimed by almost every industry insider as the most under rated books around and for damn good reason.

Preach on. Iron Fist has been my favourite title for months now,, probably since towards the end of the first arc. Some issues in the last arc were just perfect in terms of what they were trying to achieve and in terms of enjoyment.

I've read somewhere who the new writer and artists are going to be, but I've forgotten, who are they?

Travel Foreman is the artist and the writer is the man who is writing Cable now. He's an author.

Anyone know why the current team left?

Oh andthe first trade which has the first 7 issues I believe is available now.

Oh, the Cable guy (as in the guy that writes Cable >_>) isn't too bad, though that is judging him on three issues of a single series.

I think the story with Brubaker leaving is he was signed on to do 'The Last Iron Fist Story', and when it proved popular Marvel decided to continue the series. I think Brubaker liked the series, but was stretched with X-Men, Cap, Daredevil, Criminal etc, and so in a way became a sort of 'editor' for Fraction on the series.

I don't know why Fraction is going, but I'd guess that he too is getting stretched, he seems to be a flavour of the month with Marvel at the moment in terms of how much he's writing for them.

And I don't know why Aja is leaving, but It'll make me sad, I love the art work from him and others in Fist.

Yeah Iguess what with The new Iron Man series and joining Bru on Uncanny was co-writer, he too was getting stretched thin. And I think Aja is Marvel exclusive, so I am sure he'll be poppping up on something else soon, more than likely something bigger and higher profile.

So... DC Universe Zero was a massive dissapointment, considering the hype behind it I didn't feel like it did anything for me except the obvious ending, if Final Crisis is as tame/lame as Countdown and that it's going to be a slow summer at DC.

post-435-1210637430.gif

So... DC Universe Zero was a massive dissapointment, considering the hype behind it I didn't feel like it did anything for me except the obvious ending, if Final Crisis is as tame/lame as Countdown and that it's going to be a slow summer at DC.

post-435-1210637430.gif

It was simply an introduction to some of the stories from this summer. I don't really know what the hype behind it was, but I wasn't expecting that much more from it than that. So the stories are

-Legion of Three Worlds

-Batman R.I.P

-Wonder Woman: Whom the Gods Forsake (Aka, the Manazons >_>)

-Green Lantern: The Blackest Night - Prelude

-Final Crisis: Revelations

-Final Crisis

And I have to say, I'm interested all but the Wonder Woman story. As I understand it the 3 worlds story is supposed to explain the different legions, which I sorely need a little clearing up on. Having not been a fan of the Legion until recently, I've read every issue of the most recent volume and the characters and histories are completely different from the ones that made an appearance in the Lightning Saga, and the recent Superman story. But this is supposed to explain about them all being from different worlds, etc. so I'm interested in reading that.

I really can't wait for The Blackest Night, but that's not until next year. <_<

Just read the last two Batman Detective Stories, which both involve Scarface. I enjoyed both but I don't think either were quite as gripping as the one before. I'm still enjoying the series.

I took you guys up on the recomendation of Uncanny X-Men. Though the latest one isn't exactly eventful I enjoyed it and I think it can only get better from here.

Also I dug out my old The New Astonishing Spiderman collection. I've got nearly every issue from 48 onwards and I plan on reading through most of the stories, mostly for fun. I'd completely forgotten about Ben Riely and such and I think I'm coming to the last bit of that story. It's all quite interesting really.

Can anyone tell me anything more about 'Final Crisis' By DC. It's titled as 'The Day Evil Wins.' It looks very intreging.

6 or 7 issue mini series with 3 other minis tieing in and numerous one shots. It follows Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis as the finale of the Crisis themed minis that DC has done the past 4 years. It's written by Grant Morrison with art by JG Jones and Shane Davis, it supposedly features damn near every DC hero and villain still alive ever, and collecting the entire thing will run you abou $200. Oh and it starts now.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the bump... I haven't read much in the way of comics recently but randomly felt the urge to pick something up... Since I have no comic book stores around me, whatever you recommend must be available off of Amazon.com. Don't really care what it is, as long as it is a good story.

I wouldn't mind a Batman story or two, but I'm not too sure on which are the better ones, as I've never really been a DC person. So if someone could recommend something in the way of that, as well.

Alright, so far my list contains:

Batman: Year One

Batman: The Long Halloween

Batman: Dark Victory

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Batman: The Killing Joke

Watchmen (even though I've read it before, I'd prefer to own it)

So I think that is enough Batman. If someone would be so kind as to tell me where The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke fit in timeline wise with the other three that'd be much appreciated.

Thinking of perhaps starting to buy the volumes of Preacher, too. Hmmm..

The Dark Night Returns is placed years after the others. It's like an alternate reality of sorts. I believe The Killing Joke takes place after Dark Victory. If you want to stay on the Joker buzz or whatever Arkham Asylum is another interesting Batman story. It's different and unique but I enjoyed it. Really liked the art.

The Dark Knight Returns and its sequel (which unfortunately sucks) actually take place in the All Star Batman and Robin universe according to Frank Miller himself. So its NOT in regular continuity.

The Dark Knight Returns is a must-read, but The Dark Knight Rides Again, aka DKR2, I recommend avoiding.

I am seriously considering dropping Batman and picking up Detective instead, once this Batman R.I.P. storyline is over.