NCAA Football 07

Tarheels.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A on Xbox & Xbox 360. I'd imagine it's A on Gamecube too, but nobody plays sports games on that thing.

And whoever ranked Navy as a one-star prestige team needs to be shot; I just started Season 2 and in season 1, Navy went 12-1 (only lost their bowl game), led the nation in rushing and won Coach of the Year.

Navy has been pretty solid the last few years actually, so I am not surprised they are good in the game.

As for the game, I am thinking about getting it myself. I am just curious, is the Race For The Heismen/Campus Legend mode good and what features are new in Dynasty mode (Note that the NCAA I have is 2005)

Thanks in advance.

A on Xbox & Xbox 360. I'd imagine it's A on Gamecube too, but nobody plays sports games on that thing.

And whoever ranked Navy as a one-star prestige team needs to be shot; I just started Season 2 and in season 1, Navy went 12-1 (only lost their bowl game), led the nation in rushing and won Coach of the Year.

Probably because they don't make NCAA for Gamecube ;)

As for Navy, they are a solid team in year one...I'm playing right now and the QB is good, pretty fast as well, and they have a not bad at all defense.

The only trouble I'm having it getting good yards with the FB, I just can't break anything with him and the odd time the wideback or whatever they are called in the wishbone and silly formations, break something out but otherwise it's nothing worthy of mention.

Just had the greatest game I've ever played...

In the second year of my dynasty with Wisconsin, I'm playing against Minnesota in the Battle for Paul Bunyans Ax.

I was up 14-0 at the half, but my defense is really young (not to mention complete shit) and I let them back into the game and it was tied at 14 at the end of the 3rd. I drove down the field and kicked a field goal to go up by 3, and then of course, my defense fucks it up and lets a TD in with 16 seconds left to play and no timeouts....fuck them, the fucking assholes...very choice words I gave my team for a pep talk :shifty:

However, the Badgers weren't out for the count just yet! I get the Kickoff to about the 25 and then throw a hail mary to my #5 WR and he's able to struggle his way out of bounds.....an exclimation of HOLY SHIT was quick to leave my lips. So I take a quick breath to get things back in order, and call another hail mary in an attempt to pick up these last 45 yards. 6 seconds later I had hit my flanker in blanket man coverage, this time it was an "OH MY GOD!" that I let out.

I still had to kickoff however.....but I stopped um :P

The game was my #1 Instant Classic with a final score of 24-21 and a Greatness Score of 1428.

I had another good, close game however this time I came out on top.

I was playing Stanford, once again as Navy. They beat me deep early going up 14-3 early in the second quarter, I had a short fight back getting a touchdown making it a 4 point difference at the half. I scored again in the third, taking the lead going strong until the last quarter where they went down field and got a field goal tying it, just before stopping me and then going back downfield for a touchdown now having the lead by a touchdown. I shook off the horrible drive I had last drive and went down field with my quarterback coming up big with good scrambles and passes for clutch first downs. I went on to score on a play action pass from about 14 yards out with 10 seconds left. I was playing for the progression to OT, just kick it, stop them and then keep them from getting one big play. I did so...actually, I FORCED A FUMBLE ON THE KICKOFF PUTTING ME IN FIELD GOAL POSITION RIGHT AWAY. I kicked right away with 4 seconds left, and got it, then just having another kick off, stopping them and winning the game 27-24.

My offensive line was fucking horrible, had atleast 7 sacks on my QB and no blocking for my running game...

Guest Takayamanofear

It took some adjusting with my sliders but I finally got a the game to where I feel its more realistic, playing as EMU I beat Ball State 45-20 then I went to Michigan State and Lost 81-10. My favorite addition to this game is the line meter that tells you if you have a good jump or not.

My best 40 time is like 4.56 or something in there. If I'm with friends, they usually do it because I suck at it. :P

I'm still trying to get things realistic, my defense is always good during the 1st half, but in every single game that isn't against Indiana they tend to blow it in the 4th and I have to fight and scratch for every win. Really quite bullshit.

Has anyone had some really odd and stupid plays? :P

I just had one, I was laying a beating on Tulsa with less than a minute left (31-7) they keep trying to get some scores in, throw one deep. It's one on one, it's obviously going out of the bounds (the pass) but just incase, I go to bat it. I take control of my CB and bat it, while in the air mind you and hits it up to the running by WR. He catches it and gives them great position to get the score.

I still won 31-15 but still, my mind let me down on that play :P

Ok so since I likely won't pay full price for it and wasn't huge on Race for the Heisman last year, should I just get the 360 version? Considering I'll be getting Madden for 360, I figure I should get NCAA aswell.

Worth it for the $30-$40 it will probably cost after trade ins?

Egh...I'm a bit skepticable with the 360 version. Their have been tons of reports about the game stopping after 5 minutes of quarter play. My friend had to take his back and when he got his second copy, it STILL didn't work.

Not only that, but the Dynasty mode is no where near as in-depth as current gen. Add that in with the fact that current gen runs much more smoother and has alot more features and you know what you get?

A choice between paying more for less or paying less for more.

Next Gen = $60/missing alot of features

Current Gen = $50-$40/has all features and runs much more smoothly.

In my opinion, the only thing 360 has going for it is graphics and online play. Just visit maddenmania.com and maddennation.com and you'll see just how much people are dogging the 360 version.

Best time in the 40 was 4.38 seconds for me. Victor Rampage bitches...

And while I don't have the 360 version, my friend has it and I tend to like it more as I feel the gameplay is better. He hasn't had any problems with the game freezing yet but I have heard people complaining about it.