Bands you like that seemingly aren't liked by anyone else.

ROC

I get verbally assaulted any time I mention I like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World and Billy Talent. So I'll throw those on the pile.

Most people on this board seem to like both JEW and Billy Talent. I've not heard anyone really mention Dashboard.

Kelly Clarkson and My Dying Bride. I'm pretty sure Liam listens to MDB, but I never see anyone else discuss them.

Yeah, I do baby, got about 4 of their albums. Any of the big UK Doom bands are pretty sweet, Anathema and Paradise Lost being the other 2 big ones. I've also not seen anyone else discuss them though....except for you, now >_>

I've only got Turn Loose The Swans but I love it. :wub:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get verbally assaulted any time I mention I like Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World and Billy Talent. So I'll throw those on the pile.

Most people on this board seem to like both JEW and Billy Talent. I've not heard anyone really mention Dashboard.

Kelly Clarkson and My Dying Bride. I'm pretty sure Liam listens to MDB, but I never see anyone else discuss them.

Yeah, I do baby, got about 4 of their albums. Any of the big UK Doom bands are pretty sweet, Anathema and Paradise Lost being the other 2 big ones. I've also not seen anyone else discuss them though....except for you, now >_>

I've only got Turn Loose The Swans but I love it. :wub:

If you go for another one, I'd recommend "The Angel And The Dark River".

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

The main one is The Lucksmiths. They're probably my favourite band, but I only know one other person who knew about them without me having to tell them, and that was only a passing familiarity. I think they're lyrically the best band since The Smiths, and just have a fantastic poppy indie sound, and get better with every album. How they aren't huge, or even moderately well-known on the "underground" circuit, is a mystery to me.

I concur. I love the Lucksmiths and little to no one here likes them. Although after playing Warmer Corners at a few "hang out parties" (for lack of a better word), I've actually seen a few people I don't really talk to much play them, so I guess I'm doing my deed for humanity >_>

I'll toss in The Unicorns/Islands in the mix. They're one of my favorite bands and I think absolutely no one listens to them :shifty:

If not there's lots and lots of bands I like that people don't seem to listen to, but that's because I'm a whore.

I get alot of shit because I love Rammstein. Mainly because "THER GERMAN, LOLOLOL!". And because of "Du Hast". I actually hate that song. But, I sat two of my friends down and had them listen to the new "Rosenrot" CD and they loved it. Bitches.

Lack of love for Against Me! makes me VERY sad.

Edit: Incubus rules. And I can't believe someone said The Bouncing Souls. They are possibly the best punk band right now.

Edited by Ash J. Williams

Against Me! are pretty awesome, "Baby, I'm An Anarchist" is one of my favourite songs.

That's kind of what I mean...whenever I see Against Me! praise, it's usually just for "Reinventing Axl Rose"...but I honestly think the quality of CDs keep improving. I thought "As The Eternal Cowboy" was alot better that "R.A.R.", and "Searching For A Former Clarity" is an AMAZING album...I don't know if I like "Searching..." more than "Cowboy", but it's a damn fine CD.

Almost my entire playlist :(

Excluding the three or so Dragonforce "fans" that seem to have popped up on the board :shifty:

I can kinda understand the lack of Rhapsody love, and other weird "fantasy" bands like Battlelore and Queensryche, but where's the love for:

Armoured Saint

Angra

Bal-Sagoth

Blind Guardian (well yeah, a lot of their stuff qualifies as "weird fantasy stuff", but the other lot isn't... at face value anyway ¬_¬ And Hansi's voice brings the awesome).

Edguy (for fucks sake!)

Battlelore (other than Keef)

Dream Evil (see above)

Dragonland

Kotiteollisuus (yeah, so I'm not too surprised about that one...)

Helloween (!)

Maladaptive (ok, ok, so I only like them because they're Freddi Leclercq's band :shifty:)

Within Temptation

Sonata Arctica

Yngwie Malmsteen

and I've heard some murmouring of their name, but Epica doesn't get anywhere near enough love :P

My only link with cool people is Manowar :shifty:

Edited by TheReilDeal

Can't be arsed to go back and look to see who named who, but I second the love in here for:

Islands

Sonata Arctica

Dream Evil

and Apartment 26.

Not enough people love Feist, Metric, The Young Knives, The Sound of Animals Fighting, Iron & Wine - besides Tristy, The Cardigans and She Wants Revenge.

I've only heard "As I Am" from Dream Theatre, and it was pretty average, and droned on and on.

Name some good Dream Theatre songs so I can re-evaluate (Y)

I wholeheartedly agree with:

Dragonforce

Dream Evil

Battlelore

Yngwie Malmsteen

Kelly Clarkson

Helloween

Edited by TheReilDeal