Final Fantasy X

Benji

you can switch out without wasting a turn anyway you foolies :P

Why bother? It means I don't have a hassle if, say, I've hasted Yuna then have to bring Lulu in and haste her too. Plus giving one character a double share of playing = double pointage in the same time.

I just don't like having a useless character, I feel the need to please everyone (imagine how I can get in Pokémon <_< ). Besides the fact Lulu is actually superior in her magic power if I recall correctly, thus you made the wrong decision :P

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the standard grid is the grid that means you have to use technique and savvy to beat the game, because you can't just make uber characters, you have to build a good base for everyone before you even start to move round the grid, and that makes it that much more interesting once you get into the big bosses. Although your Lulu's and Yuna's will have low life, they'll have great magical ability, and you have to make your way around that, bringing them in when needed and then switching to the Auron's and Wakka's to get your big chain of offence and defence in.

Thus; Standard Grid > Expert Grid.

I think the main reason I originally chose Yuna over Lulu was a) summoning, and b) I really dislike Lulu's overdrive. Besides, after you play long enough, their base stats make little difference.

I don't care about having useless characters, as evidenced by Kimahri in EVERY game I play. :shifty:

I think the main reason I originally chose Yuna over Lulu was a) summoning, and b) I really dislike Lulu's overdrive. Besides, after you play long enough, their base stats make little difference.

I don't care about having useless characters, as evidenced by Kimahri in EVERY game I play. :shifty:

Gwaha, totally true, I love Kimhari, he's potentially the most useful character, but he gets left behind because he gets stuck early and so everyone gets to where he could be much earlier because he's locked in.

Oh God, the Cloister of Trials' music. My brain has permanently associated it with pain and suffering. Horrible, tedious suffering! :pinch:

At least Ixions one isn't for a while, I can't remember why, but I hated that one.

Spoiler: Regarding Overdrive

By the way, note to everyone, if you want Valefors second overdrive then find the dog in Besaid and talk to its owner (after 'leaving' IIRC).

Damn, I should have remembered to keep a tally of how many times someone ends a sentence with "you know?", something I told myself I'd do next time I played FFX. It's a very lazy translation of the Japanese "ne?", and they say it A LOT. There's one scene much later on where it's tagged on the end of almost every sentence for about three minutes of straight dialogue.

But I didn't remember, and I'm almost 3 hours into the game now, so meh. ¬_¬

Edited by stokeriño

Oooh yeah, FFX. I've got a save that's around the Mi'ihen Highroad, so I'll chip in every now and then until people start to reach there, and then I'll join in the mass gaming fun, as starting again just for the first few boring hours = meh.

Sphere Grids - I used the expert grid once, and that game for me was forever remembered for missing the second Al Bhed Primer in Home, so I tend to associate it with pain and fucking up my 100% completion fetish. Standard it is.

Characters - I tend to try and keep everybody roughly equal, because...

... there are a few points in the game where you are forced to use particular characters, so having them all around about the same level seems sensible to me.

Someone let me know when you get up to Operation Mi'ihen, I'm currently playing through it again myself and I saved it on the beach post aftermath.

TIP - if you have every character act for 1 turn in battle, using the 'switch' (L1, IIRC) function, even if they're just guarding or using a 'charge' ability like Focus or something, they get AP at the end of battle. So, if you take the extra few seconds to make sure everybody gets a turn before you kill all of the fiends - difficult when you're powerful/the fiends are weak I know, but do-able - you can keep everybody happy with very little fuss.

Edited by Xero Gravity

I've actually just redownloaded the FFX OST, after my previous copy was lost with my hard disc failure last year. Saves me from having to go and sit around in Luca whenever I wanted to hear any of the music. >_>

Auron's theme in particular reminds me of some awesome moments later in the game. :crying:

Back to the game. I'd just arrived at Kilika before I took a few hours' break...

Well,

I have never been to this board before but this topic grabbed my attention. I have borrowed FFX fromy friend 3 weeks ago and started playing it. Despite how old its is, I never played FFX before (though I know the main plot.)

Anyway, I am currently in Guadosalam.

My question is: can you revist places you visited already in Spira?

P.S: I Don't know how to put in SPOILER tags. :unsure:

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] for the spoiler tags. Just take out the spaces between the [] and the code.

Once you get the airship, you can revisit any place in Spira except the Al Bhed Home, which gets blown the Hell out of. Get the Al Bhed Primers in Home (there are 2) or you'll be kicking yourself forever.

Well,

I have never been to this board before but this topic grabbed my attention. I have borrowed FFX fromy friend 3 weeks ago and started playing it. Despite how old its is, I never played FFX before (though I know the main plot.)

Anyway, I am currently in Guadosalam.

My question is: can you revist places you visited already in Spira?

P.S: I Don't know how to put in SPOILER tags. :unsure:

TEXT HERE

stokerino - the FFX sountrack you have, does it have the Macalania Woods music? The bizarre atmospheric one that isn't really 'music' but just a few eerie, forest-y sounds? If it does... can you send it to me? I really want that piece of music for a play I'm directing next year, but I really can't afford the CD and I doubt I can claim the expense back from my budget when the play itself rolls around.

There's a piece called 'Macalania Forest', but it doesn't fit your description, so it's probably called something else. Maybe I'll just wait until I reach Macalania, then I'll know which one it is. :shifty:

If not for those bastard Basilisk's, Mushroom Rock Road would be one of the easiest places in the game to earn sphere levels early in the game.

*hates how only Yuna is immune to petrify* <_<

Ah, Djose temple...this would be a breeze if I didn't have to mess about getting the hidden treasures to unlock Anima.

Edited by Xero Gravity

It's probably the finest mini-game around, and the only one that would feasibly function as a game in itself. Blitzball > *

Xero - just keep Auron and Lulu in your party, Power Break and Fira. You usually get a turn or so before the Basilisk, so concentrate on the one that gets its turn first, which you can see in the battle window, and you should be okay.