Final Fantasy X

Benji

It's Jumal Ollie, he's the guy I've got (Y)

The other two are Biggs and Wedge who guard the entrance to the seating area inside the Stadium. Both guys turn into incredible strikers as you progress, but I like to try and force them to become good defenders to and alternate who goes upfront with Tidus.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got any new players yet, since I completely forgot to wander back into Luca after the tournament. However, Letty is still a god among men and shall never, ever be replaced.

Now I've got to sit back and watch Sin pwn the Crusaders good and proper, the silly sods.

Crap, my old PS2 is at my old home...

TO CASH CONVERTERS!

Or to mine with your memory card?

This has brought up old wounds over how badly I suck at Blitzball.

Simple tactic is to use passing to your advantage more than anything, passing is THE key to winning in Blitzball, passing to Tidus when he's near goal is merely an added extra tip.

Good grief, the road from Djose to Moonflow is tedious. Getting attacked by Ochu every other second is not my idea of fun. <_<

And I got the Kyou guy from outside Djose temple for my blitzball team! Bitchin'.

Yeah, after about the 6th Ochu in a row I just kept running from those battles. The experience they give doesn't really justify the amount of time you waste fighting them one after another.

I can't really be bothered to trek through the Thunder Plains right now, so I'm just going to stick with Blitzball for the time being.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Okay, blitzball advice time.

I have three players to fill two spots. Basically Kyou could come in and replace either Botta (Right Defence) or Keepa (...Keeper), or I could leave it as it is. I'm not sure which way to go.

Their stats:

BOTTA (Lv 8)

60 SPD...462 HP

4 END.....11 ATK

7 PAS.....8 BLK

2 SHT.....2 CAT

KYOU (Lv 3)

63 SPD...104 HP

9 END.....15 ATK

8 PAS.....6 BLK

1 SHT.....12 CAT

KEEPA (Lv 7)

54 SPD...350 HP

6 END.....2 ATK

3 PAS.....4 BLK

1 SHT.....9 CAT

Now, what would YOU do? :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Personally, I'd dump Keepa. Botta is a good defender, and once he learns a few techniques like venom tackle he only gets better. With Kyou only being level 3 right now, and alreadly having a better catching stat than Keepa he'd be perfect to take over in goal. If/when he learns techs like super goalie and grip gloves he should become very difficult to score past.

Damn, all this talk about Blitzball. I didn't even know you can get new players from Luca and Djose. Can anyone tip me off about what lies ahead from the Thunder plains?

And passing does not seem to help in Blitzball, If I hold off for too long and get near the goal, my opposition gangs up on me.

Okay, blitzball advice time.

I have three players to fill two spots. Basically Kyou could come in and replace either Botta (Right Defence) or Keepa (...Keeper), or I could leave it as it is. I'm not sure which way to go.

Their stats:

BOTTA (Lv 8)

60 SPD...462 HP

4 END.....11 ATK

7 PAS.....8 BLK

2 SHT.....2 CAT

KYOU (Lv 3)

63 SPD...104 HP

9 END.....15 ATK

8 PAS.....6 BLK

1 SHT.....12 CAT

KEEPA (Lv 7)

54 SPD...350 HP

6 END.....2 ATK

3 PAS.....4 BLK

1 SHT.....9 CAT

Now, what would YOU do? :shifty:

If that's your choice, remove Botta, any chance of replacing Keepa with him is nulled by the fact he becomes such an awesome defender, besides the fact that if you're near Guadosalam, if I recall there's two good keepers there.

Well, I put Kyou in goal instead of Keepa, and we managed to beat the Al Bhed Psyches for the first time. That's got to mean something. :shifty: Though I may try him in Botta's place next time round. The fact that Kyou comes already knowing a boatload of Tackle/Pass techs suggests to me that the game is trying to tell me something. ¬_¬

Just checked up, Noi or Yuma Guado are good keepers, both in Guadosalam.

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks that the Aurochs should start off with horrible stats and get the biggest gains in the game? I think it'd be a nice thing to have the original worst team become the full on best.

Kyou! THAT'S the name of my guy in blue! He fuckin' rocks.

All your base belongs to my Aurochs team.

Keepa :: Botta, Kyou :: Letty :: Datto, Tidus

Keepa has Super Goalie, Golden Arm, and Grip Gloves.

Venom Tackle 3 on Botta, Drain Tackle 3 and Nap Tackle 3 on Kyou, Wither Shot 2 on Botta. Also they both have a pass tech each, IIRC.

Letty owns your soul with Venom Pass 3, Nap Pass 3 and Venom Tackle 2.

Datto is tooled up with Volley Shot (so underrated), Nap Shot 2, Golden Arm, and Sphere Shot.

Tidus owns you and you with Sphere Shot, Jecht Shot, and Jecht Shot II. And Tackle Slip, too. Oooh yeah.

My team rules.

I'm trying to keep quite a few of the original Aurochs, so when Wakka comes back and gets Auroch Spirit, the original team's levelled-up SH value means Wakka will be an unstoppable goal machine. With Datto on 16, Letty on 10, and Botta on 6, that's 32 added to Wakka's own value. I could shoot from pretty much anywhere and score. :w00t:

Just checked out the available players in Guadosalam. Yuma Guado's okay, but her CAT stat isn't as good as Keepa's. I'd take Noy Guado in goal in an instant, but the Guado Glories signed him first before I got there. ¬_¬

However, I did sign Zazi Guado who's not only got badass shooting stats, but also passing/blocking stats the envy of any midfielder. Therefore, he (she?) replaces the decidedly average Datto up front (at Lv 4, his (her?) SHT stat is already higher than his at Lv 8).

My team currently stands as thus:

LF: Skip (Tidus)

RF: Zazi Guado

MF: Letty

LD: Jassu

RD: Kyou

GK: Keepa

I seriously cannot believe you dropped Jassu, SC. The man is a MACHINE.

Edited by stokeriño

Where the fuck can I find some ability spheres? There's nothing worse than being stuck on the sphere grid, unable to upgrade. >_<

And on the subject of Blitzball, Ropp > Most. He was the first guy I recruited from the Al-Bhed shop beside the Chocobo ranch, dramatically changed my team with his passing, tackling and blocking.