Final Fantasy X

Benji

My second save, ie: the one where I knew what I was doing, I had 2 undefeated seasons in a row, plus an undefeated tournament run, with a freakin' sweet Aurochs team.

Keepa in goal, obviously. One of the Psyches defenders, name forgotten, and a guy who looked like a Crusader (purple outfit, dino-bone-style helmet). A souped-up Letty in midfield. Tidus and Datto up front.

Tidus FTW. Jecht Shot Mk II > any other tech.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stage of the game do you think I should start playing BlitzBall? If I wanted to play a RPG version of soccer, I would have got Soccer instead.

Yeah! God forbid they extend the games replay value and add something fun and interesting rather than just levelling up through battling!

I love the card games. Probably because I'm not the best at Blitzball but can match numbers like a motherfucker.

I'd forgotten how annoying the Cloister of Trials were but I got through in the end. But, I've been playing non-stop for a while now and am currently in Kilika with a fairly strong party, but nothing beats Mushroom Rock for gaining abilities.

Edited by Jordan Stiva

In Luca...

I'm in the tournament final against the Luca Goers, and I'm getting owned. I have won it in previous games, and I've got a goal back with the Jecht Shot, but now it's the point where Wakka comes on so I'm 2-1 down with 120 seconds remaining. If it weren't for Jassu and Letty I'd never get the ball at all. ¬_¬

Edit: Haha, nevermind, I won 3-2 in overtime. FUCK YOU GOERS.

Edited by stokeriño

What stage of the game do you think I should start playing BlitzBall? If I wanted to play a RPG version of soccer, I would have got Soccer instead.

Yeah! God forbid they extend the games replay value and add something fun and interesting rather than just levelling up through battling!

Edited by Jaze

I preferred the card games in some of the others than Blitzball, personally.

Triple Triad (Y)

Tetra Master :thumbsdown:

I know a few people have mentioned the same thing, but Triple Triad is the king of Final Fantasy mini-games only just edging out Blitzball.

I haven't done a great deal in the last few hours, just finished the Djose cloister and beaten Belgemine's Ixion to get the Summoner's Soul. It's no good being in a discussion if I'm ahead of everyone else participating :(

The Luca Goers are a bunch of cunts. I'm determined to beat them in the final, but I can't so much as get a point off them unless I'm already two or three down. >_<

Seriously, Keepa, in particular, is pathetic. Unless you can get like three blocks on the ball, the opposition always seem to score. Added to the fact that Tidas, by far and away the best player, always ends up being Subbed for Wakka, even when the others are playing like shit.

Anyone got any advice/tips?

I managed to score twice with Wakka when he came on, so he can't be all that bad...

In fact, I wish I had him now. I'm trying to win a Blitzball tournament in order to get his Attack Reels overdrive, but twice now I've been dumped out by the frikkin' Al Bhed Psyches. Putting aside the fact that their team's pretty damn good all round, their keeper's catching stat is ludicrous (19). When he blocks an unhindered Sphere Shot at point blank range, that's when you know you're screwed. <_<

Sod it, I don't think we need spoiler tags unless it's storyline related, so go as you do guys :)

After trying to play and being distracted by people I've settled down into playing it and am about to get the Jecht Shot, looks like I'm behind everyone else so I may play into the night to catch up tonight. Incidentally, the second time I played the game I won the first Blitzball game 4-0 for all you who think it's hard, you're pansies.

Seriously, Keepa, in particular, is pathetic. Unless you can get like three blocks on the ball, the opposition always seem to score. Added to the fact that Tidas, by far and away the best player, always ends up being Subbed for Wakka, even when the others are playing like shit.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Right, tonight I play to catch up with everyone, as I'm still on the boat with Miss. ????, grr. This was my idea dammit, I should be in front, not dwindling behind as you guys get to blitz the hell out of everything you see! Blitzball beats the card games in both FFVIII and IX, but I've always preferred the game in IX to the game in VIII. I could never get my head around the one in Eight, it confused the bejesus out of me! =[

Just a tip for people playing Blitz - there's a goalie in Luca somewhere, who starts out as a great sub for Keepa, who really sucks early on. I can't remember his name - I think it's Jamal, but don't quote me on that. Look for him in Luca, he's a great player. There are also a few other good players as free agents in Luca, but I don't remember their names.