1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• The British Original
    • The American Remake

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The UK Office is far better, but the US version has it's moments. Gervais is just hilarity though, as is Mackenzie Crook.

My favourite bit is when they're talking about some movie where a guy has a dog called nigger and Gervais comes out with "That film was made in the 30s - before racism was bad".

The UK one wins it for me, just for it's my kind of humour.

I've kinda gotten over the 'it's a shit US rip off of the UK one' because to be honest, it's not meant to be the same, i've done office work in the UK, and our office really does relate to some of the stuff I've seen and heard in the places I've worked, whereas I'm guessing the US one is more aimed at US office jobs. Meh, I dunno.

And the US Red Dwaft was fucking awful, if I recall it never got passed the pilot. It was full of lame one liners and fake crowd laughter.

Apparantly the US had a go at remaking Red Dwarf? Are any of those episodes in existance? I've heard there's extremely poor

I'd have to say, the worst American remake of a British show goes to Coupling, they took something that was flat-out hilarious, copied it identically, and yet, when they were done with it, it wasn't funny, at all.