Kasabian opens for the Rolling Stones

thatshortguy

The last time I saw concert footage of the Stones it was their huge Brazilian concert. There's nothing like seeing Get Off of My Cloud played at about 60% the speed of how the actual song was recorded. <_<

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Because they're brown-nosing, social-climbing twats?

This story made me laugh more and more with every word. The Stones, whilst no longer stellar live, are one of the best rock'n'roll groups ever, and have an amazing arsenal of songs that definitely still get a live crowd going, even if their technical ability isn't awesome anymore due to age. Keef still plays guitar better than 90% of shitty indie guitarists.

Speaking of shitty indie, why are Kasabian even supporting the Stones? Mismatch much? I suppose they're trying to gain some more rock credentials, despite having already raided the Noel'n'Liam playbook and still having everybody hate 'em.

They're deeply nauseating tossers, those Kasabian people.

This story made me laugh more and more with every word. The Stones, whilst no longer stellar live, are one of the best rock'n'roll groups ever, and have an amazing arsenal of songs that definitely still get a live crowd going, even if their technical ability isn't awesome anymore due to age. Keef still plays guitar better than 90% of shitty indie guitarists.

Speaking of shitty indie, why are Kasabian even supporting the Stones? Mismatch much? I suppose they're trying to gain some more rock credentials, despite having already raided the Noel'n'Liam playbook and still having everybody hate 'em.

If that's the case than they ought not to be bitching. Anybody that pays money to see the band their supporting need to have their head examined. Rolling Stones or not.

Rolling Stones are brilliance. My dad loves them so I've been brought up around all sorts of weird looking t-shirts with giant spiked tounges and all sorts.

I loved the uproar after the Superbowl when everyone claimed they were shit :-\

Meh, Dizzee Rascal and DJ Semtex supporting the Chili Peppers was a more interesting mis-match for a support act. I wouldn't pay massive band prices to see Rascal though and I think it was only on the European leg of the tour.

Got to love some of the musical elitist comments in this thread by the way.

But "they're a bad band and the Stones are a good band" is not an excuse for an act of douchebaggery like forcing your opener to pay if they want to see you live when you are touring together. Which is really the point, isn't it?

Kasabian: Stones apology

(Tuesday August 08, 2006 11:59 AM)

Kasabian have apologised for the recent outburst against The Rolling Stones, which saw the band's singer launch an angry rant at the rock legends.

Tom Meighan was a guest on UK TV on Friday evening, where he claimed they had been told to pay for tickets to see The Stones at their upcoming support dates.

Apparently, Meighan insisted: "It's quite incredible. We're f*cking supporting them! So if we get kicked off the stage we've got to buy a ticket, which is about 200 quid.

"It's probably Americans who are running it, not Jagger. And Richards isn't going to know what's f*cking going on, is he?"

However, it now seems that Kasabian misunderstood the situation and have released a statement, insisting they feel "incredibly honoured" to be playing the upcoming concerts.

It reads: "We are sorry for the comments made concerning Rolling Stones ticket prices. We now realise Kasabian as a support band do not have to pay to see The Rolling Stones perform.

"We are incredibly honoured and excited to be supporting The Stones on some of their European dates - it's like a dream come true for all of us."

Kaasbian played a support show with The Rolling Stones in Zurich on Saturday evening.

Eh. I don't agree with it, nor do I think anyone should have to pay that much to see a rock band. Rock and roll is supposed to be the music of the people. But if anyone in music today has earned the right to ask that amount of money, it's the Stones.

And Kasabian are a pile of wank, especially live.