Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure he'd have dived more than once, there's been diving in the English game for years, its just being highlighted now. If Robbie Keane dives, he's a diver. It's pretty simple.

It's easy for people to point to Chelsea as this example of all that is corrupt with football, but it's hypocritical and boring now.

Guest Chasing Ringy

Why does it matter how many times someone has done it? It still happened. That's not Tottenham bias, I like Henry. I like Joe Cole. I like Steven Gerrard. I like Drogba. But they all dive.

Calling Thierry Henry a diver is ridiculous. He dived. Once. Yeah it was bad, but it was once.

Robbie Keane has dived before. Does that make him a "diver"? Seriously, one dive over his entire Arsenal career (and it was for France) and he's a "diver"? Yeah, makes perfect sense that.

Edited by Chasing Ringy

Guest Chasing Ringy

Silly kulex. Rule of the thumb says that when you want to point spelling errors, you must quote the post so as to have evidence for the cool kids that edit their posts.

But now I have just incriminated myself >_>

It sounds like I may be going to a match between Fulham and Wigan on October 28 during my stay over in London. Of course I don't support either team all that much, but it should be fun.

Contact me in some manner if you want to try and go to a match in September, October, November, and December. It'll be a comedic experience as you get to see a Yank act like he's 5 years old because he's actually seeing world class football in person. Or let's go to the lower leagues and see a Yank act like he's 5 years old because he's actually seeing football in person.

I doubt I'll get the chance to see Newcastle play unfortunately.

Thatcher foul incenses Redknapp

Harry Redknapp has hit out at Ben Thatcher for his 'horror' challenge on Portmouth midfielder Pedro Mendes.

The Man City defender seemed to hit Mendes with a forearm at the start of the second half, leaving the Portuguese midfielder needing hospital treatment.

"Off the field, you could not meet a nicer boy," said Redknapp of Thatcher. "Unfortunately, on the pitch he is capable of doing things like that.

"It was an horrendous challenge and totally out of order."

Mendes needed oxygen treatment on the side of the pitch after skidding into advertising hoardings.

"As soon as I saw Thatcher running into the corner, I knew what was coming. I would have bet my life on it," Redknapp added.

"Pedro is in hospital and won't be coming back with us tonight.

"He suffered some kind of fit or seizure. We had to give him oxygen and he wasn't in a great way when he left the stadium, but we will see how he is tomorrow."

Thatcher was only booked by referee Dermot Gallagher for the challenge but could be hit by a Football Association charge when video evidence is reviewed.

Pompey midfielder Matt Taylor was incensed by the tackle.

"How can that not be a sending-off? What do you have to do, kill someone?" he said.

"The FA have to look at it. It is there for all to see. I like Ben as a guy but that was wrong."

City boss Stuart Pearce said he had not seen replays of the offence, but agreed that Thatcher had fouled his opponent.

"I saw Ben running into the corner at 110 miles per hour," said Pearce.

"I want the players to play at a high tempo near the ball and it looks like the tackle was a bit mis-timed."

Pearce also said Thatcher had inquired about Mendes' health after the game.

Source: BBC.co.uk

Edited by TMM