2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clawson, the point I was trying to make was that RDS is a French regional network accessable by subscribing customers only. When it draws 1 million viewers in Quebec and CBC can't do the same as a national network... Maybe Toronto isn't the greatest thing ever. I'd like to see more Sens games if any eastern Canadian team, they're the most exciting.

Seeing as how Toronto screwed my Leafs-Flame final, I have to back track.

Buffalo v. NY Islanders

It might not be as far sighted as people say but it's happened before. The 8th seed taking out the 1st seed. As far DiPietro goes, I'd stick with DUBIE. So final verdict: Sabres in Six.

New Jersey v. Tampa Bay

I think TB is one of the hot teams coming into the playoffs right now. They managed to catch on fire as the season started to wind down. Lecavalier and St. Louis are one of the best lines outhere but Brodeur's on the other side. Devils in 7.

Atlanta v. NY Rangers

When I heard that the NY Rangers were one of the best defensive teams outhere, I was like WHAT? But it's true and Lundqvist is leading them there. On the other side, Kovalchuk and Hossa seem ready to roll so my verdict: Rangers in 5.

Pittsburgh v. Ottawa

"I think it's bullshit." Murray comment on the Curse. There is no curse. Was Heatley there when the Leafs were kicking ass? No. Was Murray there when Leafs were kicking ass? No. It's different and I do believe that the Canadian Media (TSN, The Score) are setting Ottawa up for the fall. It's completely unfair. Last year was a different story, They had to rely on Ray Emery who didn't get much playing time and was pushed into the fold because Hasek's injury. As for the series. I like Ray Emery. Pittsburgh is too young for their own good. Yes they have Roberts and yes he kills Ottawa but I still like Ottawa. Sens in 6.

*If they do not win however. Expect changes.*

BUF 4 - 1 NYI ... | ... DET 2 - 4 CGY

NJD 3 - 4 TBL ... | ... ANA 4 - 3 MIN

ATL 4 - 2 NYR ... | ... VAN 4 - 2 DAL

OTT 4 - 3 PIT ... | ... NSH 3 - 4 SJS

BUF 4 - 2 TBL ... | ... ANA 4 - 2 CGY

ATL 2 - 4 OTT ... | ... VAN 3 - 4 SJS

BUF 4 - 3 OTT ... | ... ANA 3 - 4 SJS

BUF 4 - 2 SJS

Edited by grind your soul

Except that Ottawa pretty much walked all over them in the second as well. Pittsburgh got one goal, which was an ugly goal. It took Fleury half a period to wake up. Either way, I think they'll definitely do better next game.

Yeah, the Crosby penalty was bullshit. Even my brother who's been going for ottawa the entire time agreed that the penalty was bullshit. They need to calm down with the calls. But yeah, the shots have got to come. They've ket the three big Pittsburgh guys quiet for most of the game. If Malkin and Crosby can get firing, we'll have a game on our hands.

Anyone who thinks the league is gonna do what they can to help the Pens and Crosby win, look at that bullshit disallowed goal they just called.

Crosby's great, but even he's not good enough to intentionally kick a puck into the net like that.