The girl is gone, but have a new song

YI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just what happens - no one really mentions Audioslave without talking about Rage or Soundgarden.

Yes they do, constantly. However, this is a very different situation, there was bad blood in the split, it isn't two big groups forming one, it's one big group splitting in two and creating a new sound each, being released around the same time.

I don't really care about the comparison thing, it happens and sometimes it makes for a very interesting debate, don't get so worked up over something so trivial ASham.

I think if Tom hadn't hyped the shit out of AVA, making everybody expect that it was going to be the greatest cd of all time then it probably wouldn't be viewed the way it is. The reason I bought it was because the first single was good and Tom had been talking a lot of great things about it, but it seemed like it drug on and that everything was the same. (+44) isn't getting the mainstream coverage that AVA was, but (+44) has a lot more of the Blink sound to it, which is why they will probably get more of the Blink fans.

Either way, the song is fairly catchy, nowhere near No It Isn't to me, but I still like it.

I dig it a lot. It's like Blink with a hint of indie, and less whiny loser vocals.

Humorously enough, it kind of sounds like Mark Hoppus is doing a Tom DeLonge impersonation on the song.

The song isn't bad, but it's also not particularly good either. It could grow on me, though, since I'm a sucker for songs like this.

I don't really care about the comparison thing, it happens and sometimes it makes for a very interesting debate, don't get so worked up over something so trivial ASham.

What the hell?

You said it "pisses [you] off".

Well yeah, it does but I don't see that as me getting "worked up" over something, I get pissed off about things all the time but it's not exactly as if I dwell on them, it goes away generally after I state it. But either way, we're getting off topic.

I dig it a lot. It's like Blink with a hint of indie, and less whiny loser vocals.

Humorously enough, it kind of sounds like Mark Hoppus is doing a Tom DeLonge impersonation on the song.

The song isn't bad, but it's also not particularly good either. It could grow on me, though, since I'm a sucker for songs like this.

I wasn't going to point that off, but at points I thought that too. I don't care what happens with (+44) and Angels and Airwaves, until the day Tom, Mark and Travis write songs together again (and it WILL happen, they have too much in common and too many mutual friends), they'll never be as good.

Mark and Tom compliment each other in a way that many of the very best songwriters do, they know each others strengths and weaknesses and can work around them.

You know, I was interested in downloading and listening to this song. I'd seen the posts in the Like Thread about how it'd grown on people, and I was about to see what all the fuss was about until...

Those three words killed it for me.

To be fair, the very first post contain a comparison between the two stating +44 was better, I'm merely giving my own opinion that I don't think that's true. As for why there's a comparison between the two groups, I don't think it's a surprise really. Musics always being compared; one band to another, one genre to another, and due to the split I've always considered the scenario to be very similar to football rivalries. Liverpool are compared to their rivals Everton, Man U are compared to Chelsea. Same was as +44 are compared to AVA.

Strangely, I've listened to the song and I find myself expecting to like it with each new listen but I don't. The style's there for me, it's just very flat, where as to me the AVA stuff conjured up a lot of emotions.