Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I won the Copa Libertadore's with that formation, which is essentially the same as winning the Champions League, I won my State Championships and am currently 4th in the First Division with that formation - so it's working fine thanks.

Considering I have like one player, who is an out and out midfielder, as in MRC, and everyone else is an AM or DM when it comes to midfield players I made the tactic to suit. No need to criticse what works.

Nah they play full matches, Ilshino's probably been one of the best players on the team all season, always down the wing ready to supply some crosses. Scored the other match actually after darting into the box and making a header. Plus I can have 7 substitutes so Jorge Wagner and Maurinho are often on bench ready to come on, plus Maurinho can play centre back as well if needed, and Wagner as am AMLC so it's not like they're there especially for the wing backs.

Nah, this one's about 20 and starts off at Cruizeiro, it took me ages to get a work permit though.

I don't like playing Richards at DM, because his dribbling & passing stats aren't great. I'd rather have someone like Denilson, who's tackling and marking is lower than Richards' but makes up for that with his other stats. Plus Denilson's work rate & stamina are both 19, whilst Richards' are 14 and 13.

Get coaches with good stats, and just let them focus at what they're good at.

My youth squad I have like 53 players being trained by about 2 coaches, and it's still classed as light training.

If you make all your coaches coach everything like the default, they lower the star rating. So just let your fitness coaches take care of aerobic and strength, they should have 20 for fitness training no excuses.

Shooting coaches need attacking and technique I believe, both 18 stats should give you near 5 star training but you can have like 19 in one and 16 in another or 20 in one stat and 14 in another. It's pretty complicated, just use common sense to see what abilities affect what training, and use 2 or 3 coaches at most in coaching those. Set pieces is the most difficult to coach, but I have a few 5, 4 and 3 stars for my coaching, with set pieces at 2 star I think. I reckon it's working too.

Does the number of coaches you have affect their effectiveness? Like if I have 1 coach for coaching one specific thing (shooting, whatever) with 5 stars. Does the fact that he's got 20-odd players all to himself make a difference from if I had 2 or 3 coaches for that one group?

Guest Zeokage

I'd like to add to that question as well as I'm about to look at the contracts of my current crop of coaches in my FM2006 (yeah, I know, technically the wrong game) file.

Also, I'm playing as Northwich Victoria in the first season in the Nationwide North division, so the only training schedules I can make are part-time. What do you guys do for those?

I'm playing on my Bayern Munich game (moved there from Ajax after two seasons), just secured by second Bundesliga title. End of the season, I'm looking to bring in a few quality free signings. Found a 19 year old called Erkelens who's out of contract, looks decent, so I offer him a contract. Next day I get this;

2jcafx5.jpg

Something I said?

I'm playing on my Bayern Munich game (moved there from Ajax after two seasons), just secured by second Bundesliga title. End of the season, I'm looking to bring in a few quality free signings. Found a 19 year old called Erkelens who's out of contract, looks decent, so I offer him a contract. Next day I get this;

2jcafx5.jpg

Something I said?

Edited by IAceI

I'm playing as Wales. Needless to say, how fucking screwed over do I feel right here? :@ :@ :@

(If there's some way other than alphabetical order that I'm missing that allows Serbia to get into the playoffs instead of Sweden or myself, please enlighten me)

FuckingAlphabet.jpg

Edited by stokeriño

Based on the results I can only guess it's alphabetical. Kinda interesting to think what would be done in real life because you can't really have a simple playoff because all teams are tied and with there being three teams you'd pretty much have to play the group again.

Edited by TheArsenal

So I was wondering if someone could help me out on how to use the editor. I want to edit some things in the game but when I click on 'FM Data Editor' all I get is this. Muchos Gracias in advance.

editor123qp8.png

Oh and stoke, there is no other possible way to decide the teams that advance except alphabetical order. In an ideal world each team would play each other one more time to make it more distinguishible. In an ideal world.