Football Manager 2007

Dan

I'd say I am about 38 in the game, and this kid is 16. It appears that I was such a stud when I was 22. >_>

This adds a whole new element to the game, which is awesome.

Edited by Lost Soul

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting, didn't know about that. Was at Everton for 11 seasons and it never happened :(.

The clear out has begun with my team. I've managed to keep hold of my brilliant prospect though. All the big Turkish clubs want him, but he's unambitious and doesn't have an agent, so resigned for me ('club of his dreams') instead of accepting the 1.6m offer that was accepted over my head. Sold Kaylon Bora (defender) for £1m, I'm hoping that'll keep the banks off my back. They've slashed my wage budget from £35k to £19k, and I'm on about £27k, so they'll probably sack me for that at some point :P.

edit: Oh yeah, Priskin didn't come either. He was due to come on July 1st but just didn't. I went to see what was up, approached to sign, and they then told me that my team was only allowed foreigners from a certain nationality. Like Macedonia. Gay.

Edited by Thomas

I don't know how, I mean - I really don't - as of April 9th, I'm up to 7th. Things are going extremely well, seeing as before Christmas, 16th was the highest I'd managed (& that was only for a day or so), this is an excellent turn around. I really can't see where this came from, but I'm so proud of the lads.

Edited by sumSUM

I don't get this, I am scheduled to play Vasco in the Recopa Cup, either side of the time I play them in the league. I've just played Internacional in my Copa Libertador QF First leg (won 3-1 :D), have them in the league next, and then have them again in the 2nd leg.

I played one of the same teams in the 2nd round of the Copa Libertadores that I played in my group stages too. I also played Internacional in the QF of this tournament last year, so that's two years in a row I've had to play them at this stage.

Does anyone else seem to find they often have to play the same team two, sometimes three times in succession or is South American football just a bit odd?

Should try with a completely random surname, like Esefusefhnaofhnoson. Then you'd know for sure if he was your son, or just a coincidence. :P Does he list you as one of his favourite personnel?

Oh, and Rickie Lambert is far too good for League Two. Especially partnered with Jermaine Easter (admittedly, I only signed him because I thought he was Jamal Easter, but hey... they're both good). 45 goals in 38 games is just too many ¬_¬

Well, I beat them 3-1, followed by a 3-0 loss (fuck Pato! the prick) which saw Ilshino (who has now been capped at international level for Brazil) injured and Andre Dias my centre defender sent off. So we got into the final showdown with me playing at home this time, and I expect a win because I want to win the Copa Libertadores again.

On a more domestic front, the 3-0 loss (fuck Pato!) leaves me with just 1 point from 2 matches, after we conceded a late equaliser in the opener to Flamengo, despite the fact we should have been up 4-0. It amazes me, because in the Group Stages of this years Copa Libertadores against Barcelona (ECU) we won 10-0. Ten, fucking, nil. However we then come out and miss from all angles in our next match. Angers me so much.

Edited by IAceI

Should try with a completely random surname, like Esefusefhnaofhnoson. Then you'd know for sure if he was your son, or just a coincidence. :P Does he list you as one of his favourite personnel?

Oh, and Rickie Lambert is far too good for League Two. Especially partnered with Jermaine Easter (admittedly, I only signed him because I thought he was Jamal Easter, but hey... they're both good). 45 goals in 38 games is just too many ¬_¬

Luke Moore has 42 league goals in 37 games for Villa in my game.

I'm up with 7 games to spare, still got to secure the title but I've got a four point lead over Charlton now.

I managed to piss off half my squad by saying I'll need to bring in some new faces for next season, but ho-hum.

Who all have you signed? Or should I ask what have you done with the squad?

You know what's really annoying? When four clubs offer £50k for a player, and he signs the *one* contract that means you get no money :@

He only had three months left on his contract, and rather than accept my new offer, or an offer that would make me money, he signed a pre-contract that takes effect when his current one runs out.

Fuck you Chris Carruthers. Hope you die of pnuemonia in Kilmarnock. (not really, I still :wub: you in real life. Goals on Saturday plz).

You know what's really annoying? When four clubs offer £50k for a player, and he signs the *one* contract that means you get no money :@

He only had three months left on his contract, and rather than accept my new offer, or an offer that would make me money, he signed a pre-contract that takes effect when his current one runs out.

Fuck you Chris Carruthers. Hope you die of pnuemonia in Kilmarnock. (not really, I still :wub: you in real life. Goals on Saturday plz).

It won't be pnuemonia that kills him in Kilmarnock :blush: .

:shifty:

I managed to finish 8th, better than the 17th the club were predicted before I took the hot seat. I have Michele Bresolin, Gio dos Santos and Floro Flores coming in, all for free - which will help big time next season, especially Flores. Hopefully he'll be able to, you know, actually score. I'm signing Jelle Van Damme, who spent the season here on loan, for just under 600k - that's a god-damn steal. He was great all season, and was in the team of the year.

Edited by Lost Soul

What is the main benefit of tutoring? Is it to pass on preferred moves? See if it is, then I might as well have Caiuby learn from Diego Tardelli when he's finished tutoring my 16 year old striker, Ferreira. Since Caiuby doesn't know any preferred moves and Tardelli has a few.

Anyone able to expand on what's passed on etc. and how regularly it will work and does it fail etc.?

I dunno about Preffered Moves... good point, never thought about that tbh.

The main point, I think, is mental attributes. If you have a professional, determined veteran tutoring a youngster, he's more likely to become professional and determined.

Whereas if you have football's answer to Teddy Hart tutoring a youngster... he won't.

Well holy shit...

A lot of the time I start new gamez but get bored after a few months when it all gets a little samey. So I took a break, and came back a few days ago to fire up yet another attempt with Sunderland. The first few games of the season, my form was up and down like a yo-yo and I was struggling to distance myself from the relegation zone. Thanks to the newest patch I had around £4M to spend, and brought in the odd player or two to try and strengthen the squad. It seemed to work, as from then on I slowly began to rise up the table towards the playoff spots. A twenty four game unbeaten streak saw me hit second, which was great. What wasn't great, was doing pitifully bad in both cup runs and crashing out early. While the money would have been nice, it allowed me to concentrate on the league and eventually hit the top spot...then everything went to shit. I still can't wrap my head round what happened, but I watched as a fifteen point lead evaporated despite doing everything I could to stop it. Thanks to my form tanking, the race for the title between us and West Brom ended up going to the last two games of the season. Luckily I had West Brom in the penultimate game, and beat them 4-1 meaning at least a draw would see me finish first. Going into the Coventry game, I wasn't very confident but a 4-2 win meant that despite the ups and downs I finished on top.

Transfer wise, a lot of my buys were complete busts. Freddy Eastwood especially is proving to be a complete waste of money thanks to his terrible form since I bought him. Alexey Yeremenko and Dong Fangzhuo however, proved to be two worthwhile buys. As far as next season goes, I don't look to be having much to spend but I've already got Armand Traore coming in July for just under £3M.

But that wasn't half as interesting as what was going on around me.

By the end of the Premiership season, the three relegated teams were...Watford, Sheffield United, and coming as a huge surprise to me, Tottenham. Spurs hadn't been doing too badly up until a few games towards the end, but a few months prior had sacked Martin Jol and replaced him with Louis Van Gaal. Chelsea underperformed all season, losing to Man U in the semi finals of the Champions League and ending up 4th in the Premiership. Sam Allardyce was sacked by Bolton, then went to Leeds...who promptly got relegated from the Championship. But it's not all doom and gloom for Leeds, as for months they'd been flirting with a take over, that has finally gone through. They're rumoured to have around £35M to spend, so shouldn't be in League One for more than a season.