Football Manager 2007

Dan

Edit: No, wait, I got that all kinds of wrong. The official word from the screen that pops up at the end of the season is:

Chelsea qualify for the CL automatically due to winning it.

That's why Spurs are in the CL.

Which is why United are automatically in the UEFA Cup.

Portsmouth qualify for the Intertoto, despite finishing tenth (so obviously Villa didn't apply...).

I get into the Intertoto via the Sporting Play draw because despite having Ben Thatcher AND Joey Barton, I was somehow the best disciplined team ¬_¬. Apparently that is better than being the highest-ranked Intertoto team in the league.

Whatever, I'm in Europe, I'm happy :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh fuck, hard decisions. I'm at Newcastle, made some good signings (Sahar for one), and with Taylor, Merida, Gowland and Maloney in the squad things finally look good this year, I'm confident that 2012/13 could be big season for us, then Lyon offer me a job. 45m budget, 900k wage budget, and being at Lyon gives me a huge chance of winning things. I'm just really can't decide what to do. I want to stay loyal, but the opportunity seems too good to turn down.

Help me. >_<

I've gotta do it, I've gotta go - I may end up regretting it, but the chance to win cups domestically and in europe - aswell as the league - on a regular basis is what I need. The only problem is, I keep looking at my Newcastle squad, it's my squad, damn it. :(

Edited by Super Summers

I understand your problem there. With Sao Paulo I keep thinking about moving to England (I have all SA leagues running, at least one from all playable countries anyways), Spanish, Portugese and English (Championship upwards).

I keep thinking how much I want to manage in the Premiership soon, but then I think of all the youngsters I'm nurturing in the youth set up. How I signed Nicholas Millan, Kerlon, Sherman Cardenas, Soares, everyone like that and I don't want to move on without seeing their true potential. Railson, how appeared in my acadamy in my first season and looks set to be the next best player, I want to see him do so well. I want to see the club become massive, loads of money, loads more prestige, I want to win every trophy available for sure at least once, and then win as many as possible in one season.

All that keeps me at Sao Paulo, for now at least :) I'm sure whatever you do will be the right idea, just weigh up all the pros and cons and go with your instinct.

My last sting in France was a less-than-great showing at Auxerre, I suppose going back to the master the country is good. Also, it's Lyon, I could make them a relentless force once again.

Fuck it, I'm packing my bags, and going to France - again!

This thread is why I never get very far with FM games. All this talk of Sao Paulo and Lyon makes me regret only having the English leagues turned on :( But every time I go to start a new game, I think of my Man City squad. It's only been a year, but I've changed stuff. It's mine now, damnit :shifty:

Besides, if I start a new game with lots of leagues, I'll just end up in Finland again ¬_¬

Edit: Ok, so I'm starting in the Icelandic First Division (yes, Summers.. again :P) with Reynir.

Also playing with all English leagues, and the top two divisions from:

France

Germany

Italy

Scotland

Spain

and the Portuguese Primeira Liga.

Should keep me occupied. If my computer doesn't 'splode.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah, there was a prime opportunity to have the Scandanavian leagues on and just pick up shit loads of young, cheap talent I guess.

Although I'd prefer to try and keep the squad together that I had, in my first Sao Paulo season I signed about two players, one youth and one who I had on loan, and only in the second season has shown me what he's capable of. However this season I've made quite a few new signings, but I felt I had to if I was ever going to have the capability to win the First Division.

I have so many players with names I have no hope of remembering :'(

I guess this is why they invented the Nicknames feature. So I can call them "Tall Bloke", "Fast Winger", "Legbreaker" and "Cpt. Creative". :shifty:

I mean, one of them is Scottish, and I'm still having trouble. It's amazing how Icelandic 'Christopher McCluskey" can look when you're a confused newbie.

Also, I have ONE full-time player. So I had to make him his own personal training schedule :|

Started a game with Hibs in January with them 4 points adrift and only having sold Scott Brown. Finished the season comfortably in 8th thanks to my free transfer and captain Paul Bosvelt. :)

This season in 19 games I've notched up what I got in 38 after signing around 4 bosmans(Saulius Mikolianus, John Potter, Jay Jay Okocha and Titus Bramble) and signing Clarence Acuna and John Sutton for a total of 500k and also managing to get my best players on cheap contract. But anyway 19 games gone and 7 points clear of Celtic and 10 of Rangers. :o This is more down to Celtic and Rangers losing about 7 games each already rather than my team playing very well, undefeated against the Old Firm hoping to at least finish 3rd which looks like it could be in the bag already.

When a player thinks 'the team can win most games without much effort', is this a good or bad thing?

On one hand it means the player has a lot of confidence, on the other it means he could become complacent on the field.

I'm getting it from players who wouldn't normally be considered major parts of my Bayern Munich team such as Christan Lell and Michael Kokocinski :huh:

Maybe, I'm not sure if i should pick them or not, I don't have much choice as to pick Kokocinski as Lahm is out for three months and non of the reserves are ready to step up in the left back position.

However i do have a replacement for Lell even if he isn't good.

Maybe, I'm not sure if i should pick them or not, I don't have much choice as to pick Kokocinski as Lahm is out for three months and non of the reserves are ready to step up in the left back position.

However i do have a replacement for Lell even if he isn't good.

I don't have him anymore, He went to Samdoria on free transfer a few seasons back.

Here is my present team:

bayern.jpg

Also, If a players personality is listed as unambitious, Does this affect them on the pitch at all? I have a youngster with good attributes and in excellent form for the youth team, he also performs solidly when i give him the occasional substitute apperance in the first team.

Is his for just a flash in the pan that will fizzle out?

Have him tutored by someone who's more ambitious. Might work.

As far as I know, ambition doesn't affect his actual performance directly, but it does affect morale sometimes (which DOES affect performance, obviously).

For example, if the rest of your squad is ambitious, and you're ambitious, and you keep telling him you're going to win everything, he might get annoyed and lose morale. But, on the flip side, he's much less likely to want to leave for a bigger club :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

I took your advice and am having him tutored by Lucio, He doesn't see the benefit but meh

Heh, it's always the ones who need it the most who see the least benefit. I got John Terry tutoring Micah Richards and they both loved it. Cool, I thought. To build on this success, I got another DC kid who was only 19, but had managed to worm his way onto the First Team page during a period of injuries and stuck around. He, however, did not see the benefit of such an arrangement. I wanted to smack him round the face and yell "IT'S JOHN FUCKING TERRY. KNOW YOUR PLACE AND BE GRATEFUL, BITCH!". <_<