Football Manager 2007

Dan

Argh!

I've been continuing my Spurs game (finished mid-table and won UEFA Cup in 1st season). Into second season I'm mid-table again but doing very well in the UEFA Cup.

Then came Borussia Dortmund.

Actually, it wasn't the fact it was Dortmund. It was the fact that I had to play Dortmund, away, without a recognised keeper because all THREE registered keepers were injured!! :thumbsdown:

In the end I had to play Marek Jankulowski in goal. Only lost 3-1 which I thought wasn't too bad in the circumstances.

Oh, and for the second leg (which I've just started playing) I have two keepers back fit... but only at 39 and 44% fitness...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I beat Leeds in the cup third round and then lost 3-1 against Arsenal in the league.

And then we get Everton, along with a completely corrupt set of referees. They start with a goal on the 5th minute. I come back on the 12th and it's 1-1 at half time. Regular game, until the 90th minute, where they score in a blatant offside position. I'm cursing at the computer, and at Maloney who was playing shit. There were 3 minutes of extra time, an when there were 10 seconds left, Maloney scores a diving header. I knew I had a point in the bag. But I had forgotten about the referee. At 94:37 they score again, in another offside position, but not as obvious. I would have never guessed the English league was so corrupt. Anyway, I blamed it all on my keeper, who said he had been playing badly and then went on to bash his teammates saying that some of them didn't have half his ability. :P

I also signed a left back for the future who will arrive next season.

And The Boss, yeah, that's the guy I signed.

Try downloading it again, Legend_Killer. There's probably something corrupt. Or try installing the patch again

Edited by estebanmon

I've just had a player praise my half time talk for how effective it was. That's never happened before...

Clearly the "we must get a result here, no excuses!" line will have to be busted out more often from now on. >_>

Ok, so my season ended quite mehly, finishing 9th. (Still, it's better than the 12th in my first season).

Anyways, I'm just clicking through the close season when BAM! England offer me the job! Woo!

Having a disappointing third season with Liverpool so far. I'm just about to end October, as soon as I beat Red Star in this Champions League game.

I didn't win the Champions League last year, I lost 2-1, but I never aim for the Champions League and all the extra games annoy me.

I bought Gonzalo Higuain and he's a beast. I bid for him last year but they wanted over 15m so I decided against it and paid the 10.5 for our player of last season, Owen. But I got itchy feet from not buying anybody this season and decided I'd take Higuain for 16m, and I'm glad I did. Just an awesome, awesome player. He's only 20 and he's terrorising the Premiership.

N'Zogbia's finally come into his own which I'm pleased with, but neither of my first choice right wingers in Luis Garcia's absence (Paul Anderson and Jermaine Pennant) are functioning that well. Pennant's awesome when he wants to be, but he's distinctively average when he doesn't. Pirlo's lived up to his 24m price tag this year, and he's been fantastic at the heart of my team's midfield.

Carragher seems to be letting the team down, and I'm disappointed in him because he had a phenomenal first season and he was pretty good last year too. I'm close to dropping him for Paletta so we'll see how Carragher does in the next few games and if he gets one more five, it's time to say goodbye to first team football.

Oh, and I'm England manager. I had no intention of applying because I was England manager on my last game and didn't enjoy the stress, but this time they offered me the job despite my two trophyless seasons and 3rd place finishes. I felt flattered and accepted and that's going well so far.

I just need to turn the league performance around now. We're 3rd which isn't bad but Chelsea are 9 points adrift already, and I told myself this would be the year we won the league. So I'm jiggling the tactics about in the hope that the team will start to show a little more enthusiasm.

Edited by Pescizuna

Better finisher, faster, better first touch, better technique, marginally better in the air - neither are good, can use both feet, more versatile position wise, only one year older, cheaper.

Downside is his lower composure but it shouldn't make that much difference, and probably his higher wages - not sure what they'll be demanding though.

Edited by IAceI

Tevez would be around the £25m mark. He was fantastic for me at Villa. My top goal scorer. Well worth the cash, and he will make you a profit if you wish to sell him on. Don't buy the 28 year old Ukranian. >_>

Tevez would be around the £25m mark. He was fantastic for me at Villa. My top goal scorer. Well worth the cash, and he will make you a profit if you wish to sell him on. Don't buy the 28 year old Ukranian. >_>

I already did, and he's doing well.

Like boxzy said, it's 2015, Tevez would be a horrible buy.