Football Manager 2007

Dan

I'm 7th in the league with I think 9 games gone.

I have also confirmed my hate for Bolton and Fullham, especially Fullham. I was pretty much dominating the game, and Gordon decides to screw up and let an easy ball go in for a goal. We keep dominating through the 2nd half, until Owen scores by hitting a defender with the ball on the 90th minute. I checked the game stats. I had 17 shots, 10 on goal. Fullham had 4 shots and only one god damn shot on goal. The goal was in no way caused by my defense(who has improved greatly for some reason) and it was just Gordon not being able to catch a slow header from outside the box. He has also been shit at one-on-ones for a while, catching 1 in around 6, while other keepers pretty much block Moore and Owen at will most of the time.

So now I've decided to buy Reina from Liverpool. $21m and some argentinian prospect with a dim future is what they want. I really want to accept, as Reina is supposed to be twice the player that Gordon is. I think $21m is about 16.25 pounds, which I find not to be very expensive. I'm probably gonna accept and sell Gordon. Cudicini is a good enough backup.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stupid Reina didn't want to earn $30k more a week along with a nice boost in his bonuses. His loss. >_>

Now I praised Given from Newcastle, he takes it with a pinch of salt. I offer $17m and Craig Gordon for him and they reject the offer and Given becomes unhappy. Now I'm just waiting for him to get transfer listed.

Oh, and that prospect from Argentina has been getting pretty popular with the big clubs. I'm getting offers from Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and interest from R. Madrid, Milan and some other team. I'm not taking anything less than $9.5m and 50% of the next sale, though, which I think Arsenal is about to offer me.

I'm also through to the Semi-final of the League Cup, and Man Utd were eliminated by Blackpool 3-1. :P Now I'm facing Tottenham and Blackpool face some other Championship team. I'm almost 100% sure I'm getting the cup again this year.

I also looked at my profile a bit ago. I have a 14 for Hands-on Approach. Most likely for getting all those games for my reserve and under-18 squad.

And we also kicked Olympiakos ass 5-0 on the UEFA cup. They were anhilated by Owen and Abghonlador.

You know, it doesn't happen very often, but once every 12 games or so Marc Bridge-Wilkinson will get possessed by the spirit of Christ and score 3 or 4 goals all on his lonesome from right midfield, while my strikers have no choice but to just potter around and let him get on with it.

I love those games.

And having just checked, he's tied with one of my strikers (Steve Basham) for the most goals scored so far this season. Kind of makes it comically sad that, checking his club history, he's never had a penny paid for him, ever. Free transfer, loan, free transfer, free transfer, free transfer. :D

Edited by stokeriño

And just as I was beginning to recognise his talents, Bridge-Wilkinson gets injured for 2 months over the Jan-Feb period. COCK. :@

Edit: And Matt Day as well, now. Also for 2 months. RAWR.

Edited by stokeriño

I'm hurling abuse at this game right now because I cannot beat Crystal Palace (I keep reloading the game because I always get fired if I lose, despite the fact prior to this game I've won 5/5). Crystal Palace are 21st in the table and haven't won for months, yet I can't beat them. Fuck, the last game I had one shot and I'm playing the same tactics that got me to beat the top of the table side 3-0.

*Shrugs*

He paid for the game, it's his to play as he wants to. I can't imagine why he'd get sacked for losing one game out of six, but I don't coach shitty championship sides :P