Football Manager 2007

Dan

Lahm does a very good job at it. But he'll cost you.

Went for him in the summer and couldn't get him without paying over the odds - which I'dve done had I sold Eto'o. If I get the money in January, I'm definitely going to get him, him, Spud and Sobis were my main summer targets, I only got Sobis. :thumbsdown:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any good left and right wing backs in this game that I could possibly get relatively cheap (i.e. 10m each) and are likely to leave. I know I'm only in September, but van Bronchorst and Zambrotta, particularly the former, aren't really up to the standard of the rest of the team, and I could do with signing one on either side when January rolls around.

Vanden Borre can play right wing back and right wing but thats it.

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

I'm in 2023 and I'm currently having the Best Title race ever in the Serie A.

23208949to0.png

Just two more games to go and one of six teams can win it!

Let's hope it's Juventus!! :P

Results against teams come before Goal Difference, sadly, otherwise I would have been top.

7th place Palermo can't win as they only have 62 points.

Finished 8th with Lewes, and I've kept my job! My finances are going firmly and rapidly downhill though, losing 35k per month, which is millions to a conference south side.

I finished with the best defensive record in the league (42 goals conceded in 42 games) but only the 14th best goals scored record (51 in 42), which is probably high I was no higher than 8th (although moving from 19th to 8th over 6 months isn't a bad achievement). I drew 21 games and only lost 8, and most of the draws were due to last minute equalisers from the opposition, which really gets quite tiresome after a while.

Hopefully I can bring in a host of freebies in the summer so that I can build a team around a more attacking formation than 5-4-1.

Edited by Kanegetshighbysmellinhisarmpits

I'm in 2023 and I'm currently having the Best Title race ever in the Serie A.

23208949to0.png

Just two more games to go and one of six teams can win it!

Let's hope it's Juventus!! :P

Results against teams come before Goal Difference, sadly, otherwise I would have been top.

7th place Palermo can't win as they only have 62 points.

I checked the EPL in my game before the season ended and it was similiar to that with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Yoo and West Ham. Pool ended up winning on the last day.

Celtic have won the CL beating Valencia 3-0! Gonna see if I can steal anyone from that side :shifty:

Why does my team go to hell without Maldonado? I guess McCann is a shit backup. Since Maldonado got injured, I've drawn 2 and lost 3, but I won the semis of the League Cup against Tottenham on penalties. We wouldn't have even gone to penalties if Gordon wouldn't have fucked up in the first leg. Luckily, I put Cudicini in goal for the match and he only recieved a goal because of Wilson and went on to block 2 penalties, letting us win 4-2. :D Now just to win against Southampton, who beat Blackpool, who beat Man Utd.

I still can't get Given. I've also tried alternatives, Cañizares, Van der Saar, Lehmann, Victor Valdes and many others. I got bids accepted, but the idiots are too blind to see that younger keepers are taking their spot slowly, when they could come to my team and get high wages and awesome bonuses. >_>

On the January window, which isn't finished yet, I've gotten like 8 frees, most of which are great prospects. I got Roberto Carlos just because too, also on a free.

I sold that argentinian prospect at last, for $9.5m plus 50% of the next sale. He went to Arsenal. Good thing I didn't trust my coach telling me he sucked. Nearly sold him for $2m earlier, but decided against it.

Also, Owen wants to leave for a bigger club. He's worth $21m, but I'm asking for $27m, no less. Liverpool offered me $21m, but noone else has because they all think that they're too poor to pay his wages.

I signed Nicolas Millan from Colo Colo and Ledesma from Boca I believe as prospects. Both have deadly finishing, even though they're a bit slow, specially Ledesma. Soon they'll kick Delgado and Moore off the team and rule the Premiership. They just have to go to Belgium for 3 years first. >_>

Drat, I'm in terrible form at the moment. Played five, lost three, won two. The three I lost were all away, but with such major set-backs early on in the season (it's not even as if they were all against good teams; Middlesbrough and Pompey played me off the park, Tottenham is fair enough, but against the other two my team just forgot how to play football), I doubt I can win the league.

It pisses me off how in some games my team can never seem to string more than two passes together, and whenever they get the ball they just stand there until a player from the opposing team can kindly take it off of them. And how when they tackle, it's almost always a foul. The game engine needs some work, because I understand that when I lose it's going to be because their team was the better side a lot of the time, but surely there's a way to portray that other than to make it seem like my team have had all their talent sucked out, Space Jam style. :shifty:

My team are trying to walk it in the back of the net, we keep losing/drawing games despite having 57/58/59% of the possession, because we have a grand total of 6 shots in the game, 5 of which go wide. The only time they've scored in 3/4 games was from a spot kick. Should've taken that Greece job.

Ooops, didn't realise it was that high. Cheers for that :P

Yesterday I came across a handy little feature that let me look at previous transfers and future transfers. I'm sure it's something extremely obvious, but I can't find it anywhere, and I could do with seeing how much money I'll have left when these transfers go through.

Edit: Nevermind. It was under transfers, I kept looking under finances and completely overlooking the most obvious place for it to be. <_>

Edited by - Matt -

This pretty much sums up my season so far:

dammitky8.png

I had 56% of the possession, more than double the amount of shots they did, 75% of mine were on target, about 40% of theirs were and I hit the woodwork about 5 times in the second half. They scored 3 in the opening 20 minutes, with 3 shots, despite me having all of the possession before then. I just can't buy a win, I've lost 5 out of my opening 7/8.

Finally took the computer into PC World to find out why it kept shutting down, they basically made us look stupid by revealing the amount of dust we had inside, cleaned it up free of charge and told us to try it without the dust before we go spending money on getting them to look at it properly. Anyway, it's worked like a peach so far, I've had music on now for nearly three hours and it's not shut down yet, whereas I couldn't even have it on for twenty minutes before.

I'll test it with a game on the 7.02 data, since I haven't used that yet.

Finally took the computer into PC World to find out why it kept shutting down, they basically made us look stupid by revealing the amount of dust we had inside, cleaned it up free of charge and told us to try it without the dust before we go spending money on getting them to look at it properly. Anyway, it's worked like a peach so far, I've had music on now for nearly three hours and it's not shut down yet, whereas I couldn't even have it on for twenty minutes before.

I'll test it with a game on the 7.02 data, since I haven't used that yet.

... I better go check my other computer for dust. :shifty: