The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Lucky 15's don't give you the bonuses for football bets, only for horses and greyhounds. However, it doesn't stop you from placing the bets, as it just works as singles, doubles, trebles and an accumulator, but kinda like a shorthand way of saying it.

Outside of football, I was given a tip in the 2.20 at Folkestone today, but I ignored it, and it won. Only 2/1, but meh, it annoys you when that happens.

EDIT: And as for 'sales', its just a marketing thing. It essentially is what all the big 3 do, which is some type of enhanced value treble or above. We have enhanced bets covering selections by Jeff Stelling on the Premiership, Peter Reid on European Cups, Charlie Nicholas on Scottish Football, Guillem Balague on Spanish football, Nick Halling on NFL and Eric Bristow on Darts, amongst other things.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Yeah, I also get the privilege of hearing him espousing his opinions every so often....wonderful times.

Balague is pretty good though, as is having a bit of Stelling every so often.

As for your bets, you could start looking at other multiple bets. As you get more selections, certain multiple bets don't include singles, which might be the way to go depending on what kinda prices the teams you back are.

OK, so since it's my first time doing the whole doubles, trebles etc. cover bets on the same teams, I thought I'd keep the bets low and put a few on to give me a chance of winning something, even if I end up losing a tad overall. Here's what I've got:

Newcastle, Palace, Carlisle and Leyton Orient/Bristol Rovers draw.

Doubles, trebles and a 4-fold on that, 25p each, £2.75 total.

Around £44 if they all come up.

Man United, Villa, Man City, West Brom/Middlesbrough draw.

Singles, doubles, trebles and a 4-fold, 25p each, £3.75 total.

Around £23 if they all come up.

Derby, Plymouth, Doncaster, Swansea/Reading draw.

Singles, doubles, trebles and a 4-fold, 25p each, £3.75 total.

£57.50 if they all come up.

And my usual massively unlikely sections bet:

Arsenal, Rangers, Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Norwich, West Ham, Sheff United, Wolves.

£2 accumulator, just over £300 if they all win.

And my 3 first goalscorers bounced at the weekend, so I reinvested them as Van Persie, Crouch and Kuyt for the live TV games, £1 on each.

Now surely something out of that lot will come up, even if it's my 25p on the Man United single. :P

This is the second time I've looked at my coupon at FT and been amazed that I won. More to do with the fact that this time, I was pretty much resigned to losing as I had Chelsea to win.

I picked one team from each of the 5 sections. Chelsea, Huddersfield, Man City, Norwich and West Brom. On the slip, it said a minimum of 19/1, so with the £1 I put on that, that's £20+ from that one. I had another pound on 2 from each section at something ridiculous like 839/1, and lost that.

But with the £5 note I had on me, I put it on a Mark Selby/Ronnie O'Sullivan double. It should only get me back around £14 if both win (Selby already has - O'Sullivan plays later) but it'd still give me around £35 from the £7 I put on today.

Nice.

All I can say is at least one of my first goalscorers better happen. <_<

I'd still be in with a shout of the big 'un if Birmingham could've got their shit together.

EDIT: And Van Persie just hit the bar. Typical. :P

EDIT 2: Fuck.

EDIT 3: Dammit, so close on the accumulator. Everyone won except Birmingham and Wolves, who both drew. And the other 6 that won (including West Ham today) did so by at least 2 goals. I'll get it one day...

Now for Crouchaldinho~~! to do his thing and get me breaking even.

Edited by Scott McFly

• 3 weeks later...

Not entirely sure what I'm gonna be doing today, but it'll definitely be something.

This one interested me;

England to win (vs. Italy, home) by more than 15 points - 10/11. I don't watch Rugby aside from the Six Nations/World Cup, so is this worth it? I do know that Italy seem to be a better team every year they play in it. The same odds are on offer for the margin to be less than 15 points, in England's favour.

I had planned to look at Man City's odds, but considering they're 8/13, I'd probably be better off betting on that along with another game in a double/treble. Real Madrid are 2/5 tonight, with Sevilla at 4/5, so that wouldn't be a bad treble to do I don't think. It'd win me £20.35 from the £5 on it.

EDIT: And I'm steering clear of the coupon's today, due to many games being called off already. That'll only limit my options on the bonus sections slip, which is hard enough as it is.

Edited by Lt Baddar

A bit late to come in on it, but England with the minus 15 handicap at 10/11 looked exactly like the kinda bet I would have run a mile from. It won, but backing England to not only win, but win by a decent margin, even against Italy, is not something you'd want to be doing.

Doubled my £20 at the weekend with a £5 treble on City/Villa/Sunderland coming up for £35 and had a quid on Bellamy to score first at 9/2, so £5.50 back on that. Had other stuff on but nothing else came up, although I got 5/8 on my sections with only Chelsea, Wigan and Blackpool letting me down for a potential £220-odd. I'll take £20-£30 of that and run when I'm sticking my next lot on. I see there's a load of friendlies and a few WC qualifiers on midweek but I might just leave it til next weekend with FA Cup and Football League games.

• 2 months later...

Gimme some teams to bet on tomorrow, I'm trying to piece together an accumulator but there's just not much there that I see winning for sure. Guess I'm too conservative, then obviously it's pointless betting on Man Utd to beat Sunderland as it's essentially a foregone conclusion.

What I have so far is

Spurs to beat West Ham

Burnley to beat QPR

Swansea to beat Norwich

Leeds to beat Stockport

Tranmere to beat Walsall

Rotherham to beat Notts County

Barnet to beat Bournemouth

But I could probably fiddle it a bit and get a better return, obviously I'm hampered by lots of matches being today so my pool to pick from is severely reduced but I can still get something a bit better than that. So yeah, anyone fancy giving me a hand maybe with some teams on a run of form/lack of form that I'm overlooking. Saturday matches only please.

And oh yeah, holy mother bump of god.

Well.. couple of weeks back now but I put 200 quid on Hamilton to get a podium finish.. got 6600 quid back .. cashed out couple of days later, come home and read about the DQ.. got my mate to go back and ask what would happen with the bets.. says those that have cashed in are lucky and get to keep the cash ^_^ Me so happy

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post here.

Found some old bookies slips in a drawer, think there's something on them - nothing big, just a few quid back for non-starting first goalscorers - how long do you get to claim them? They're William Hill from 27th March and 7th April for games on the 28th and 7th. Is it 28 days?

Spurs to beat West Ham

Burnley to beat QPR

Swansea to beat Norwich

Leeds to beat Stockport

Tranmere to beat Walsall

Rotherham to beat Notts County

Barnet to beat Bournemouth

I really hope you went with that lot after checking the results.

Fuck... I didn't. And until now I would never have known until I saw this. I hate you. :(

Like a penalty taker, never change your fucking mind.

FUCK >_<

I use to do a few teams on the accumulator but now, I only pick three teams each time. Won 12.80 this week off three quid, which wernt bad. Used some of it for the mid week games, and will prob go towards Sat aswell. Picking more teams is just to risky, never wins for me.

Doesn't matter to me really. It's a quid. I waste so much I imagine, a pound is acceptable. I don't go overboard, so I'm okay with it.

It's a case of Saturday we stick an accumulator on at Coral down the road, cut across the park to the Scot, get in the £1.99 pints and watch the results roll in, check what we got, discuss what we have, watching the early kick off, Gillette Soccer Saturday, the late kick off and then sometimes heading into town.

One thing that annoyed me is that my friend was 5 minutes from winning £30 off a £2 accumulator, until West Ham equalised. He spent the rest of the day moaning that he lost £28 he never even had, rather than being disappointed that his side Blackburn went 1-0 down to Stoke and took a major set back in survival. I could have had £50 off £1, but I'd rather not win and have Sunderland scrap a 1-0 win over Hull like we did. It's just money I guess.

Won well last weekend, got 9 out of the 10 teams I bet on (all split up into smaller bets) winning. Always bet against Stranraer. >_>

Spent a free tenner PaddyPower gave me on a special accy they had. Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea to win 5/2. Wirth the risk seeing as you can't get your stake bet.