The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Rangers, Liverpool, Lazio, Real Madrid accumulator.

£2 stake could return £63.88

Rangers won earlier, Liverpool currently 1-0 up. Lazio and Madrid kick off later.

My accumulators have been going fairly well lately. Won more accas in the last few weeks than I've lost so hopefully this one comes off.

Spurs let me down immediately so that was one accy down. Put another on later, went Blackburn, Motherwell, Raith, Montrose and Stirling. Got back to the pub, said the Stirling match was postponed so my return would have been severaly damaged but still.. if I'd got a tenner back it would have covered my betting for the week. Blackburn, Motherwell and Montrose all got the job done relatively simply, only for nothing at all to happen in the Raith match and them go to a 0-0 draw.

This is fucking horrible, I need to stop picking TV matches. Inverness have had 3 good chances in the last 5 minutes. And the football is bloody awful too, I'll be flicking back to Man United once the second half starts.

EDIT: OH MY GOD WHAT A FUCKING SAVE. Damn the Hamilton keeper. Hopefully if Inverness keep knocking they'll eventually get one in.

Edited by Scott McFly

I was going to take Inverness but I can't bare to have an accumulator where I might have to go to sleep one night with the possibility of needing one more win the next day. I couldn't take it.

Moot point anyways because Raith did fuck all <_<

The only thing with having a late kick-off or one that next day is that you can then back both of the other outcomes and guarantee winning money no matter what happens. I personally don't do it, but I have seen it happen.

The only thing with having a late kick-off or one that next day is that you can then back both of the other outcomes and guarantee winning money no matter what happens. I personally don't do it, but I have seen it happen.

...I didn't think of that. >_<

EDIT: 1-0 Inverness, 47 mins. Don't fuck up now lads.

Oh for crying out loud. 1-1.

Shit, full time. :(

Edited by Scott McFly

How though? By throwing loads on the other team to win?

I get what he means. Take my situation with Inverness - I stood to make a total of £60 from them winning (£52 from my accumulator, £8 from the Man United double), I could've backed a draw with, say, £10 and Hamilton at £10. If my accumulator comes up, great, I still am £40 up (taking away the other two £10 bets), if it's a draw or a Hamilton win then I'll get something back even if it's less than the £60. I only put £11 on altogether, so say Hamilton were 6/5 (I've no idea what they were), then I'd win £12 back (plus my stake) therefore covering myself. I'm sure you could tweak the amount you put on each outcome based on the odds (since I'd also lose the £10 on the draw, when it'd probably be 2/1 and I'd only need put £5 or so on), but the idea is that you'll take a hit in your accumulator winnings if it does come up, but you've got the safety net of having the other two outcomes covered so that you at least win a small amount.

Either way, I got £8.50 back from my correct Shakhtar score on Thursday so I only lost £2.50 in total.

I get what he means. Take my situation with Inverness - I stood to make a total of £60 from them winning (£52 from my accumulator, £8 from the Man United double), I could've backed a draw with, say, £10 and Hamilton at £10. If my accumulator comes up, great, I still am £40 up (taking away the other two £10 bets), if it's a draw or a Hamilton win then I'll get something back even if it's less than the £60. I only put £11 on altogether, so say Hamilton were 6/5 (I've no idea what they were), then I'd win £12 back (plus my stake) therefore covering myself. I'm sure you could tweak the amount you put on each outcome based on the odds (since I'd also lose the £10 on the draw, when it'd probably be 2/1 and I'd only need put £5 or so on), but the idea is that you'll take a hit in your accumulator winnings if it does come up, but you've got the safety net of having the other two outcomes covered so that you at least win a small amount.

Either way, I got £8.50 back from my correct Shakhtar score on Thursday so I only lost £2.50 in total.

Spot on. Although there will be optimal amounts to cover the other team and draw with which will mean you stand to guarantee yourself winning the most money. Sure, it means if the original bet comes in, you've wasted money, but at least it means you don't get robbed of a return.

That sounds like a decent system, I remember a friend mentioned somthing like that to me once but never thought to follow it up. I will try it on the final day of the weekend, I hope we (Liverpool) go to the last game with United, it will be intense. 20.00 on Liverpool to win this weeked at home to Tottenham!

Since I didn't fancy calling a bunch of close run Premier League games and I noticed a few of the German games had clear-cut favourites I thought I'd stick an accumulator on a bunch of them.

Basically, Werder Bremen are letting me down just now losing 3-0, with Bayern Munich drawing. And Hamburg are losing too, bah.

Yesterday I had

Man Utd to beat Arsenal

Man City to beat Spurs

Wigan to beat Stoke

£1 on that.. about £15 return if it came off, obviously it didn't.

The other had

Spurs to beat Man City (<_<)

Fulham to beat Newcastle

Bolton to beat Stoke

£1 on that about £20 return, Fagan's goal let me down. But from a Sunderland fan point of view it was pretty much "please do me a favour Fulham & Bolton and win me some money too", I guess they did me a favour. A Hull draw isn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't believe my luck over the weekend. Have £12 total on a bunch of stuff - a few first goalscorers, a random German accumulator for Saturday and a fiver accumulator for the last day of the Premier League. Villa, West Ham, Wigan and Man City. 1-0, 2-1, 1-0, 1-0. £78 return. Woo!

Picked that up on Monday and thought I'd reinvest my original fiver on the playoff final. So I have Burnley at 8/5, so that's another £13. I'm on a roll and it's the last games of the season, so I'll probably put something on the CL final and the FA Cup final, but nothing major, just a few quid.