The Sports Betting thread

Liam

I'm not sure what you can get elsewhere, but we were going 9/2 for Valuev to knock out Haye. Now, naturally I don't want that to happen, but with Haye having a suspect chin when fighting at Light Heavy, surely the step up to Heavy could show this up big time, potentially? Maybe some value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

£9 will be going on the snooker, which starts tomorrow.

I've got a 7 player accumulator set up. £5 staked will return me £65 ish;

Williams 8/13

Selby 4/7

Higgins 4/11

Carter 1/3

Trump 8/11 (Playing Ebdon. This is the one I'm least confident about, because Trump plays at O'Sullivan pace, while Ebdon plays at...well, Ebdon pace.)

Murphy 1/5

Hendry 4/1

So most of those, if not all, are favourites.

Then I've got a £1 treble that'll return around £14;

Lee 7/4

Hamilton EVS

Wenbo 11/10

None of those are favourites.

£3 will go on players winning the tournament outright;

£1 on Neil Robertson. A cool 14/1. His long potting is awesome, and once he's in the balls is hard to stop.

£2 on Shaun Murphy at 15/2. I'm surprised the odds are still so long. Beat Ronnie in the Premier League final 7-3 last weekend and is the reigning champion. He's third favourite behind Higgins at 13/2 and Ronnie at stupid odds, considering how he's been playing lately.

I will be following as much of the tournament as I can, and hopefully pick something up from the bets. Not expecting the big acca to come off, as 7 picks is probably a bit too big of an ask. One thing in my favour is that the matches are best of 17, so a bad start for one of them doesn't neccesarily mean it's all over.

• 1 month later...

A few days ago I realized I still had 78p left in my Skybet account so I've just been putting on bets trying to see how much I can turn that 78p into. So far I'm on £5.52 thanks to a couple of accumulators and some pretty low-risk bets. I can't really afford to put any new money into betting so this is working out pretty well for me.

Got a 5 team accumulator on tonight, Roma, San Lorenzo, Feyenoord, Palmeiras and Atletico Madrid. Only one that concerns me slightly is Atletico who haven't been very good in La Liga this year and are actually one place below Racing Santander who they're playing tonight.

I've got:

Bayer Leverkusen

Lille

Sampdoria

Nottingham Forest

Norwich

Sao Paulo

Wales

France

England

Norwich

Benfica

Real Madrid

K. Mitchell (Boxing)

So far, Wales pulled their win out right at the death and France look like winning so that one should be good as long as England do the job. Forest ruined the one bet but wins for Norwich and Leverkusen have kept my other two alive. Benfica are also 1-0 up as I'm writing this.