The Sports Betting thread

Liam

So I have some money on Serena Williams -5.5 today 5/6, she's currently 5-0 up in the first set so it's looking good, but women's tennis is a complicated beast.

Oh and some money on Atletico Mineiro v Atletico PR on the unders. I came close in Brazilian Serie B yesterday, had Criciuma away from home at 3/1, they were 2-0 up and drew 2-2, 89th minute equaliser. Such is football.

I got to Ayia Napa in a week so I want some last minute spending money, but I'm coming close but not winning at the moment. :(

• 1 month later...

bet365 have Man Utd @ 6/5 to score more than 82pts and Man City @ 6/4 to score more than 84pts this season.

Considering they both scored 89pts last season, I think those bets are decent value, especially as a double paying out just under 3/1.

Got an email from Coral saying I had a tenners worth of free spins on slots. Had a few spins, won a couple of quid back and thought I'd try chuck a fiver on this weekends games and it let me.

Fiver on a United/City double to return about 11 quid, hopefully that comes in so I can stick it on a decent Acca next weekend.

3 quid on Arsenal/Liverpool/Fulham to win and Villa/West Ham to draw

2 quid on the same as the above but with United, Chelsea, City, Stoke to win and Swansea/QPR to draw and Newcastle/Tottenham to draw

Already -5 for the season, when I went to the Europa League game at Anfield I put a bet on Borini to score first and 2-0 Liverpool.......As always whenever I put a bet on when I go the game I get half of it right :( Fucking Glen Johnson grrrr

Scorecasts are a horrible market to bet on thats why you always see them in the front window of a bookies.

If you are going to do one though I always have a single on the score and first goal scorer so I am not too dissapointed if only half of it comes up.

Preach. Lost count of the number of times I won on a cheeky scoreline or first scorer bet last season while my housemates were chasing your 3-1 Rooneys or whatever.

Started off with Arsenal/QPR/Fulham/Leicester and Bournemouth/Cheltenham/Rochdale/Southend for today.

I went Arsenal, Birmingham, Sheff Utd and Benfica, then realised Ladbrokes were giving a bonus 5% return if you just did English and Scottish games in accas. Oops.

Also had a random loose 80p in my account so stuck half on Cisse to score first later on, and the other on 3-1 Newcastle Cisse first scorer (not that I think that'll be the score, but always seem to go 3-1, usually with the wrong Demba...). Then Ladbrokes stuck a money back offer on first goalscorers if Cisse scores first this morning. Stupid Ladbrokes!

Cheeky quid on Newcastle to win the league...

So as was documented in the Prem thread, my quid on Lukaku to score when we were 2-0 down won me £11 which puts me at £2 profit for the day (or like £6 I guess when you consider 2 of the bets I put on were for the end of the season - £2 on Tevez top scorer at 14/1, £2 on Man Utd-Man City-Arsenal to finish in that order at 14/1) and due to the trend of debutant scorers that £2 has gone on Sigurdsson first scorer!

Scorecasts are awful things to bet on, even just predicting the score is a pain and not worth the odds you're given for it.

Standard Liege & Chelsea both to win at about 2/1 came in for me today. Relatively comfortable in hindsight. Need to have a think if I want to put anything on Atletico Madrid away to Levante at 10pm which is 13/10 last I checked.