Lost Season Three Discussion Thread

CKN

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie lived, everyone expects him to be one of the ones who goes because he's involved in a death storyline, but maybe on the Island the universe won't be able to course-correct itself.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit. This series is the best by far. I really hope Locke doesn't die, behind Desmond he is the best character.

I heard there is going to be a war of some kind between the others and the survivor's. How many episodes are left?

Holy shit. This series is the best by far. I really hope Locke doesn't die, behind Desmond he is the best character.

I heard there is going to be a war of some kind between the others and the survivor's. How many episodes are left?

Two more for the season, trailers for the next one "Greatest Hits" are here...

From Wiki, the blurb for the two episodes (Spoiler tag'd incase people want to go in totally fresh :)).

"Greatest Hits"

While Jack devises a plan to do away with “The Others” once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in “The Others’” system that could lead to everyone’s rescue. But it requires Charlie to take on a dangerous task that may make Desmond’s premonition come true.

"Through The Looking Glass"

Jack and the castaways begin their efforts to make contact with Naomi's rescue ship.

Loved the episode, despite Jacob appearing to be some kind of poltergeist :mellow:

I especially liked how Ben's dad turned out to be Roger Workman. The episode at the time seemed like a complete throwaway (and it was) but now at least it's a bit more connected. Good to get some clarification on what DHARMA were doing, and when the Purge occurred. Episode raised a few questions too;

* Either Richard Alpert has anti-aging powers, or he looks REALLY good for his age. He'd have to be 10 years older than Ben, and the actor is about 10 years younger IIRC. If he has anti-aging powers, why isn't he leader? And why doesn't Jacob (assuming he's not a figment of Ben's imagination) talk to him? And if Richard is "special", why is there so much fuss over Locke?

* What happened to Annie, did Ben let her die? Is she still alive, maybe under a different name (Dannielle?).

* Richard obviously knows Ben wasn't born on the island (young Ben says his mother died off the island) so why does he allow Ben to lie to everyone else?

Don't read until you've seen The Man Behind The Curtain, spoilers that but nothing else:

So you know how they had that Lost tie-in novel "Bad Twin" while anyway I went frame by frame through the Locke/Ben/Jacob scene and I remarked to my mom that Jacob looked like Locke with one of those bad 1700s hair pieces. Then I remembered the book and thats my theory on it thus far.

Yeah Lost has really been good lately I have been pretty intrested in the last few episodes which have actually gave us some answers but of course rasied alot more questions.

Also for anyone that cares one of the lost websites that I go to that is pretty detailed Lostpedia is pretty good and gives alot of details on all differents stuff.

Speaking of potential deaths, surprised nobody has mentioned Sawyer as a possibility. His main storyline essentially ended when he found and killed the 'real' Sawyer, and although he's an integral character it would be a hell of a way to shake things up.

Speaking of potential deaths, surprised nobody has mentioned Sawyer as a possibility. His main storyline essentially ended when he found and killed the 'real' Sawyer, and although he's an integral character it would be a hell of a way to shake things up.

That's what I've been thinking ever since Locke's island flashback episode where he killed the real Sawyer. Although he's an awesome character, there's not much else he could do, apart from being awesome.

Huge spoilers ahead!

You have been warned

Next Episode

Basically, this is another show where they make you think that Charlie's going to die, but then it doesn't happen.

Desmond tells Charlie that he's seen a vision of Charlie's death and that this time it HAS to happen because it's going to cause another of his visions to come true -- one of Claire and her baby being rescued from the island by a helicopter. He tells Charlie that he's going to drown after turning a switch next to a yellow light in a new underwater hatch.

At the same time, Sayid tells Jack that he can't get a rescue signal out on Naomi's phone because Rousseau's old distress call is blocking the signal. He tells Jack that they need to go to a radio tower to turn it off. Juliet, though, tells them that still won't get the signal out because Ben has been blocking all transmissions from the island by a jamming device on an underwater hatch called THE LOOKING GLASS.

They know from Sayid's maps that the hatch is flooded. Charlie volunteers for the suicide missions to swim down there and turn off the signal. After what Desmond's told him, he now knows that this is his destiny.

He swims down to the underwater hatch -- but it isn't flooded! He comes up in a pressurized chamber. He's overjoyed that he doesn't have to die....but discovers that there's TWO CHICKS down there (probably Others) pointing guns at him.

The FLASHBACKS are the five greatest moments in Charlie's life. He saves a stranger being beaten on the street (the stranger is Nadia, Sayid's long-lost love), he shows his Dad he can swim when he's a young kid, he hears YOU ALL EVERYBODY on the radio for the first time, and his brother Liam gives him the DS ring. But his greatest moment is when he met Claire on the beach the first night after the plane crashed on the island. (He writes down these five memories and asks Desmond to give them to Claire after he's gone).

The episode is just okay. Not as good as the last two, it's basically setting things up for the finale. It would've been better if they'd have killed Charlie in it.

Now onto the finale...

Edited by figos

I doubt that those are real. I mean, how does one see something that hasn't been aired yet? And besides, fake spoilers always come out for LOST. I remember reading them last year. Besides...I hope that those aren't true. I could see that turning away a lot of fans.

I doubt that those are real. I mean, how does one see something that hasn't been aired yet? And besides, fake spoilers always come out for LOST. I remember reading them last year. Besides...I hope that those aren't true. I could see that turning away a lot of fans.

As a non-spoiler reader, I'm just a bit curious as to why people read them. Don't you feel like not experiencing things as they come takes away from your viewing experience? Or does knowing perhaps help you appreciate watching things come together? Or something else I'm completely ignorant of? It just seems to me like watching a serial show like Lost is most likely to have its most profound impact on an unassuming viewer.

The deaths he mentioned have all been revealed by other sites.

I still fucking hate they're killing Noel Gall....Charlie.

:(

As a non-spoiler reader, I'm just a bit curious as to why people read them. Don't you feel like not experiencing things as they come takes away from your viewing experience? Or does knowing perhaps help you appreciate watching things come together? Or something else I'm completely ignorant of? It just seems to me like watching a serial show like Lost is most likely to have its most profound impact on an unassuming viewer.

I tried so damn hard not to read them... but knowing that I can find out draws me too much. I read the first paragraph, realised that it'd be so much more cool if I saw it on TV and clicked out of the thread. There's not much wrong with knowing what happens anyway, look at Star Wars, episode 3 was great, despite everyone knowing how it was going to end.

I thought it was a good episode tonight and kinda made you like Charlie, even if he is sort of annoying. The ending with him swimming up into the underwater hatch only to find out that he is not dead but surrounded by two women in the hatch was very interesting. I figured there would be people still under there.

We know Sayid found that cable before, why didn't they attempt to build a raft in order to find out where the cable was leading to? Sayid followed it into the jungle, but why didn't he even begin to wonder where the other part was leading to? I found that a little odd.