Saturday/Wednesday's Euro Qualifier thread

Liam

Yeah, but Italy are playing tonight, and have a game in hand other than that IIRC, so that lead (if they win both games) is 2 over Italy and 3 over France. Naturally, they may not win both matches which wouldn't surprise me.

Then, Scotland still have 2 matches against them and 1 against France in France, so it will still be tough.

Actually, Italy only have one game in hand, got that bit wrong.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow every english tabloid shall read "Lucky Scots!" No offence to any english but we know the tabloids ain't gonna slate the queen's team when they can call us scots lucky like commentators. I don't know if I was watching the same game but disallowed goals aren't real goals seeing as if he wasn't offside they wouldnae have scored in the first place IMO Scotland did enough to walk away with the win and upholding all of Britain and Ireland's honour as we beat world cup finalists and everyone else gut fucked by diddys. :P

Oh and by the way Hell has Froze over, pigs are flying, a monkey wrote hamlet and I have a big willy(OK going too far with the last one:p)

But...we were lucky. France hitting the inside of the post, it then hitting Gordon and still not going in was the luckiest incident.

That being said, we were lucky the first half, but just excellent for the second half. Much more attacking, had considerably more possession than in the first half, scored and goal and kept a clean sheet against the real world champions. And there was never really any scrambling panic in the box. It was quite strange to watch. I thought the French free kick towards the end might ruin the party, but no! :w00t:

Thus proving the theory, Zidane > Scotland > France. (¬_¬)

Edited by The Kraig

Tomorrow every english tabloid shall read "Lucky Scots!" No offence to any english but we know the tabloids ain't gonna slate the queen's team when they can call us scots lucky like commentators.

You clearly don't know anything do you :-\

lol people still think Macedonia are a poor side

They're average at best, and we should still be beating them comfortably.

They CAN be a poor side, but they are also a team that on thier day (they played really well yesterday) got results against Holland and Italy in recent years (....I believe it was them two, two biggish teams basically).

Any of the sides from the former Russian or Yugoslav republics are generally going to be dangerous, as they are usually well organised and hard to break down. People shouldn't expect us to walk over teams like this, especially as not many other teams do it either. Yes, we should have beaten them, but it isn't the end of the world that we had an off day and they had a good day and got a draw. I thought the win in Skopje was a much more impressive result than most people thought, but thats just me I guess.

That England game was awful, fucking horrible. Guess it wasn't Sven after all, it was actually the England side! Shock! Lamps neds to be dropped along with Downing. But then who plays? Gerrard is out. So, SWP on the right and then... Bridge on the left? King in the middle holding role? I dunno, but Lamps needs a kicking up the bum.