So I'm buying an XBOX 360 tomorrow...

Miami Vice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering buying a 360, but I was wondering if it's worth it if I don't have a HDTV. I'm guessing that most of you don't have one either, so...how's it look? Is it worth it without HD?

Depends on the game. In Dead Rising, it is damn near impossible to read any text on the screen on a standard television and Rainbow Six Las Vegas looks like absolute shit when not in HD. Most games are fine, but the graphical difference between SDTVs and HDTVs when it comes to the 360 is like night and day.

I didn't get one either. Doesn't the Premium also come with a months free trial of XBL Gold? Or is that just standard?

The month's free trial of XBL Gold is just for the Premium package too, according to Argos.

I'm considering buying a 360, but I was wondering if it's worth it if I don't have a HDTV. I'm guessing that most of you don't have one either, so...how's it look? Is it worth it without HD?

I have a HDTV and it looks awesome. But I also played it on a standard TV for a couple of months and it's fine. A couple of games' text is a little hard to read but nothing major. I'm sure someone asked this before and the overall response was that it plays fine on a standard TV.

Yeah, you get the month free when you first register a silver account, so it can be with either system.

That's weird about the media remote. I definitely got mine when I got my premium just after launch, though I did get a bundle with a couple of games.

Guest muddatrucker

I payed £304 for the Xbox premium with Pro Evo 6 and Call of Duty 3, there were some deals with more games for a couple more quid but the games were none that I wanted, so its not too bad.

Really unhappy with the inability to edit team names on PES though, terrible.

Oblivion and Gears of War are probably the best couple of games so far. Lost Planet possibly, but that's just come out. Tables Tennis is cheap and good for the occasional play. TDU is apparently a good driving game, but I'm not particularly into them myself.

A few relatively cheap games on Play atm, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Smackdown...all at £25. GRAW is £18, Tabble Tennis is £15.

Basically though a good option is to get it hooked up to the internet and download some demos, see what interests you. Personally I love the Tony Hawks Project 8 demo, whilst it is restricted to 20 minutes a time I find myself going back to it again and again. It's keeping me from buying the full game. <_<