So I'm buying an XBOX 360 tomorrow...

Miami Vice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I didn't wanna get involved in the new console fad whatsoever, but I saw that the Wii was only £180 and that got me thinking 'wow, thats fairly cheap...I'm working fulltime hours next week and I could afford it - plus I've got the flat to myself so I'll be bored' but thinking about it I'm not keen on the Wii (especially the controller) that much, but then the Xbox360 is another £100 ontop aswell as essential accessories.

Decisions, Decisions. I could deal with a console and a game, but which one?

The 360 is £100 more with essential accessories, the only other thing you'll need is a charger for the pad if you don't want to keep replacing the batteries.

It really depends what type of games you're into. Party games and your typical nintendo games/platform games (Mario, Kirby, Smash etc.) then go for the wii.

If you prefer Shooting/Sports/Driving games then a 360 would probably be your best option.

& The 360 is older so it's easier to pick up cheap used games.

Definitely invest in the plug and play recharge kit, everything you hear about the 360 murdering batteries is absolutely true. And go with XBox Live Gold, it's less than five bucks a month, no reason to not have it as online play is a huge part of owning a 360.

Guest muddatrucker

I do want a Xbox360 first and foremost, I'm a playstation fan but at the end of the day the Xbox is always going to offer me a similar type of system/variation of games etc, the only thing appealing to me about the Wii is the price, I mean I could buy the Wii without any agro but I'm always going to truely want the 360.

Oh well, just a case of me saving up and looking for a bargain, £300 doesn't come easily when you're a student, maybe I can convince my flatmate to go halves.

I do want a Xbox360 first and foremost, I'm a playstation fan but at the end of the day the Xbox is always going to offer me a similar type of system/variation of games etc, the only thing appealing to me about the Wii is the price, I mean I could buy the Wii without any agro but I'm always going to truely want the 360.

Oh well, just a case of me saving up and looking for a bargain, £300 doesn't come easily when you're a student, maybe I can convince my flatmate to go halves.

The deal was that Pro Evolution 6 was a next gen exclusive. Of course this a mute point when the other next gen consoles have pretty much no chance of having the game anyway. It was rare for any incarnation of a Konami football game to appear on GC, let alone the flagship PES. Plus PS3 won't be out here till at least March and no one would pay top whack for a football game at that stage.

It might be worth checking out Gamestation for one of their combos if/when you go to buy one. A month or so back I got the Premium pack, Gears Of War and Smackdown 2007 for £300. They had another thing where you could get another game at the same time for £20 so I picked up Dead Rising as well.

Of course with any kind of sale it's main purpose is to get you to get something else whilst you there which I went along with. Even more so when I got another controller which took my spending up to £350.

If you want to play online or do basically anything at all, you need the premium package. The 360 is pretty much unusable without the hard drive.