The Black Parade

Tarheels.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not got the CD yet, but I loved the two songs I've heard. Welcome to the Black Parade and another which was on the radio, I believe it has the word Heaven in the title.. or maybe not.

Miles better than the stuff on 3 Cheers.

I agree with Zero.

My Chemical Romance are a very good band, IMHO. They know how to write a good tune and are ages better than most of the shit on the radio.

I downloaded the new album and it is decent. These guys are branching out into different styles/influences and definitely have the integrity to keep making some good music.

I agree with Zero.

My Chemical Romance are a very good band, IMHO. They know how to write a good tune and are ages better than most of the shit on the radio.

I downloaded the new album and it is decent. These guys are branching out into different styles/influences and definitely have the integrity to keep making some good music.

I think the new album is an easy candidate for Album of the Year. It ranks right up there for me alongside "The Sufferer and the Witness" from Rise Against and "Black Holes & Revelations" from Muse. My Chemical Romance is taking a huge risk on this album by creating something as layered as this and quite honestly, this intelligent; it could easily turn away their younger audience for going way over their heads. I mean, it's obvious they've been listening to a lot of Queen lately, but maybe if more bands were doing that, music wouldn't suck so fucking bad right now.

I agree with Zero.

music wouldn't suck so fucking bad right now.

Music only sucks if you aren't looking in the right places.

Tangent, but one worth pointing out IMO.

Mainstream music. I shouldn't have to scour the Earth to find a band that I might like. It was only 10-15 years ago where mainstream music was Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. I want those kind of days back.

Mainstream music. I shouldn't have to scour the Earth to find a band that I might like. It was only 10-15 years ago where mainstream music was Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. I want those kind of days back.

Yeah, but it isn't as if you need to scour the Earth these days to find good bands, what with the internet, p2p's, discussions board, torrents, and the ilk.

Sure, I'd love "good" music on the radio, but since I don't listen to it anyway, I'm not too fussed.

I agree with Zero.

I think the new album is an easy candidate for Album of the Year. It ranks right up there for me alongside "The Sufferer and the Witness" from Rise Against and "Black Holes & Revelations" from Muse. My Chemical Romance is taking a huge risk on this album by creating something as layered as this and quite honestly, this intelligent; it could easily turn away their younger audience for going way over their heads. I mean, it's obvious they've been listening to a lot of Queen lately, but maybe if more bands were doing that, music wouldn't suck so fucking bad right now.

Wow, this album does kind of sort of suck hard. Album of the Year it is not especially when Return to Cookie Mountain and The Information (not to mention the aforementioned Black Holes and Revelations) came out in the same year.