2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why give away those players when the Magic can just sign Carter in the offseason via free agency?

It would potentially give them the upper hand in signing him during the offseason. If he comes to Orlando midway through the season, he may decide that he really enjoys the city, the players, and what the team is building. If the money is right, he may figure "Hey, I like what I'm seeing here, they can offer me good money, and this team seems to be on the rise. I'll take my chances".

In a sense, it gives him familiarity with the team before other teams can woo him away in free agency.

This is of course all moot.

Yeah I would definatly say that the Bulls are one of the better teams in the East but I dont know if I could put them as #2 just yet. They still dont have and inside precense offensively and i think that might hurt them come playoff time, from what I have seen of them they really live and die by jump shooting so depending on how they are playing they can kill a team or get blown out it all depends on how they shoot.

The Mavs are far from underated. Sadly my T'Wolves haven't found the winning way. They are 10th in the West. I can still see them making the playoffs, but even if they don't, THEY ENDED THE SUNS WINNING STREAK BAH GAWD!!!!!

I dont complain about the refs often but when the free throw is some thing like 44 fta for the pistons and 24 fta for the Cavs something is wrong. I understand that the Pistons were driving to the basket but it wasnt like the Cavs werent either and then some of the calls were just terrible. I gotta say also that Lebron shot at the end of regulation that went in was amazing and I could only wish that it counted since it was like 35ft out and Billups had him well covered. I glad even with the free throw discrepincy the Cavs were able to pull it out in OT and are now just 2 games back of Detriot for the #1 seed. It is funny to see that they are that close to #1 seed since all I personally have been hearing from the national media is how poor the team is and how bad Lebron has been playing.

In recent years the Pistons have had a tendency to lose to shit teams (not Cleveland), playing to a lower level for some reason. Go and look at their record vs. the Bobcats over the last few years as evidence, they always seem to struggle against them.

It's troubling, but I'm not worried.