2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously enjoy all the All-Star Weekend stuff (bar the Slam Dunk contest, which I can take or leave), but the game itself doesn't do much for me.

I did love the fact that last year, a 5'7" guy won the Dunk contest and a 7-footer won the 3-Point Shootout. (Y)

They should make it like baseball, where the winning conference gets homefield in the championship.

Also, go Cavs.

No.

I don't like the idea of players in the all-star game that represent a non-championship/play-off team dictating the outcome of home court advantage. Letting the best team with the best record reap their reward for being the best in the regular season is the only way it should be. I don't like it in Baseball either.

I'm so jealous of you guys getting to watch this stuff.

Last year I got to see the Rookie/Sophmore game and the All-Star game. This year Sky are only airing the All-Star game. I'd watch every event if I could.

Echo'd.

I just watched the highlights on NBA.com. Dunk contest looked a bit weak this year... except for Howard's sticker dunk of course B)

God I guess Scottie passed Michael whatever he's been smoking lately. Nate Robinson shouldn't have been in the finals this year and shouldn't have won last year. And if I have to see all these dunks with props every year I'm not watching the contest anymore it reallys show no originality when you use props.

I felt the entire slate of events was fairly weak with the exception of Kapono's final round in the 3 point shootout, Gerald Green's first dunk and Dwight Howard's sticker dunk. As stated before Michael Jordan should never be allowed to judge a dunk contest ever again. Even as a Knicks fan, Nate Robinson had no business being in that final...but thats what being 5'9" in a dunk contest will do...get you the sympathy "wow if I was 5'9" I couldnt do that vote". And the skills challenge should just be abolished, each guy did not care whatsoever. And if you want sports comedy/horror watch the Shooting Stars again if you have a chance. Seeing Michael Cooper, George Gervin, and Bill Laimbeer shoot 3's and half courters was like watching a geezer fall down stairs or get punched in the stomach...you chuckled and cringed at the same time.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I really liked Nate Robinson's first dunk. I thought it was pretty damn impressive looking, although I haven't seen a lot of dunk contests in recent years, so I'm not sure if it's a duplicate.

By the way, would anybody else pay for a DVD box set of past slam dunk contests? I would.