Gears of War

Laice07

I know, it's the host advantage. Since everything was routed through to my XBox, your reactions are dulled until my XBox reacts, and since it's mine, naturally my reflexes would be instant.

Thats why I said during the game that I didn't want to host, because I knew I'd get moaned at :P

And how can you complain, you were killing us 3-1 at that point >_>

Shigogouhou is oldskool.

Edited by Kaneanite

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great moment in Maxx Frag Tagging.

The Setting: Rooftops

My entire team gets massacred by the other team who travel in a very very tight nit group. My last remaining teammate dies valiantly, and in the process downs one of the 4 opponents, this prompts me to run in and frag tag the guy closest to me. Of course he responds by chainsawing me, but before I am completely eviscerated, the grenade I stuck into goes off, killing him, the other 2 teammates who were standing close by, and the downed guy. Round goes to my team.

There was a brief encore the next round, as the opponents all came down in their tight little square and I causally blind threw a grenade over to them, killing 2 of them and allowing my teammates to down the other 2.

I just beat the game on casual, damn the final boss was hard. I had to replay the train level so I could get the Torque Bow, made it much easier

There's a Torque Bow in the room right before you fight RAAM.

I completed this bad boy last night, after spending about half an hour trying to figure out how to kill RAAM.

Awesome game really, if a bit linear and short. But online Co-Op adds a new lease of life, so in a month or so I reckon I'd wanna play through it again like that.

Now, on to Dead Rising.....

Some news...

On tuesday Epic will be releasing a patch for Gears, it will do the following:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480

• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress

• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM

• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match

• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer

• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance

• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues

• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons

• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone

• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser

• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches

• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)

• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points

• Added additional cheat detection code

• Additional housekeeping updates

And on wednesday...2 NEW MAPS! FOR FREE! HUZZAH!

Completed this baby today. I was about quarter the way through on act 4, but I had a mate round today, and we completed the rest in co-op. I'm tempted to go back and do it again myself, but some later parts of the game got a bit boring for me.

To beat RAAM, my mate had a sniper rifle and stood right at the start of the carriage shooting, whilst I went for the turret and shot him. I plan on at least re-doing the battle by myself, though I have a bad feeling I won't get the sniper if I just play the battle alone, and that seems the best tactic.

Anyway, despite some latter parts getting a bit average, Gears of War has been an exceptional game to play. I probably should get live so I can get my ass kicked by you guys.

After completing the final act on Co-Op, my plans to go back and kill RAAM in single player appear to be flawed. RAAM has totally cained me three times (though once I died saving Dom), and the other time I tried we had a fairly decent fight before he won. That man, or thing, or whatever takes a total shedload of punishment.