Gears of War

Laice07

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maps are out apparantly but I can't get to my console. Anybody interested in playing tonight? I got a trial code from a mate until I can investigate the various cheap online Live subscriptions. Will be online in about 3-4 hours.

Gamertag: BlakeNJudge

Edited by Portly Island Judge

I like both of the new maps. The small one need to fucking fix the respawns though. When I run across the map, I don't expect to be facing my teammate who should have spawned behind me. A split team spawnpoint might have worked on a bigger map, but it doesn't really make much of a difference.

I love Old Bones, hard. It's almost like two maps in one. The sniper half is lame, whereas the rocket/nade side kicks ass. But a sniper on the rocket side is a surprising...surprise. Yes...*rubs chin* I think that made sense.

I ran into a bug while playing, too.

It was down to like 3 on 1, and I managed to find that one, yet we both downed ourselves. Then, a guy came up, killed him, and tried to revive me (I started to get up when the round was officially ended), however in the very next round I couldn't move. I could just aim and shoot from my spawnpoint (and actually managed to kill one guy, and down another).

But yeah, that fucked me up.

I ran into a bug while playing, too.

It was down to like 3 on 1, and I managed to find that one, yet we both downed ourselves. Then, a guy came up, killed him, and tried to revive me (I started to get up when the round was officially ended), however in the very next round I couldn't move. I could just aim and shoot from my spawnpoint (and actually managed to kill one guy, and down another).

But yeah, that fucked me up.

Has anyone else ever had the Hammer of Dawn crap out on them?

I'm playing Act 1 on Hardcore, and I'm fighting the berzerker. Got her outside, picked up the Hammer and just about to toast her like normal when....nothing happens. The game is acting as though I'm not allowed to use the Hammer, when I should be.

Not that, but I've had a few other random bugs in single player since the update. Ran through Act 4 (I think) when you're heading towards the Fenix estate, and at the part where the boomer is supposed to break through the wall ... he didn't. Had to play the entire act again :(

I reloaded after the time ran out and it still didn't work. Switched Hammers from the one I had to the one that spawns outside, still nothing. I had to start a new campaign from the chapter, and the Hammer of Dawn I defaulted with did work, eventually. I hope it's a one off, since it's never happened before, but eh.

So is anybody up for a Gears game tomorrow?

Y'know, to celebrate Martin Luther King day or something.

Yeah, what better way to celebrate the most famous Civil Rights leader than with a game of Assassination on Gears of War? Good times.