Final Fantasy XII

Riceman 4K

Okay, it's been three days since it was released here and I have about 15 hours of game time so far. May I say that it can kiss my ass. The save points are way too far apart. Anybody know where to get much money quickly (preferably in an area near Rabanastre).

Money is extremely hard to come by, especially if you want to keep everyone up to par with the best equipment and other such things. I eventually just went with just 3 members (Vaan, Ashe and Balthier) as you'll never once need to switch anyone out.

Best way to earn it though is battle chains. Around Rabanastre (I assume you're still early in the game) just link lots of wolves together. Running away from anything that is not a wolf (as it interrupts your chain). You can head into the Giza plains too (from the Estersand) and kill Hyenas too. Since they're the same type they still count. A few goes at that early on will net you some decent experience, a hefty chunk of LP and should give you enough loot to sell off for a good amount of gil that will keep you going. (I think they drop wolf pelts and wind stones, haven't played in a couple months.)

Always fight the enemies for loot drops too. Running away is a bad idea. Enemy difficulty goes up fairly steeply and cash is short of hand. It can be annoying fighting constantly, but running is a bad idea.

Edited by The Prototype

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, the sad thing is, I don't know what would be termed early in the game at the moment.

I'm at the part of the Westersand where you're about to go find the Dawn Shard.

And I may have read it wrong, but is there a sun-looking enemy with 40,000 HP in that area?

Quickenings are shit. So pointless, the only time I ever used one was a Vaan-Basch combo to kill the wraith. And thats cause I was bored waiting for attack to charge up. Flowered Cactoid itself was piss, just the fact the fucker kept running into other groups of enemies then healing itself in the confusion. Cuntatrice is my most hated bad guy so far. He's whooped me numerous times now, I only managed to kill one little yellow guy before the big one raped me. Similar scenario to that Nekbhet cockatrice thing, I came back a few levels later and kicked shit out of it.

Basch is awesome. My favourite character so far by some distance. Nice to see the plot isn't that fantastical yet aswell.

Basch is awesome. My favourite character so far by some distance. Nice to see the plot isn't that fantastical yet aswell.

So much of the story is just random bits of Star Wars pieced together that I cannot help but laugh. >_>

I suppose there could *theoretically* be spoilers here...so I'll just be safe rather than sorry.

Vaan/Luke: "Oh cock, Penelo has been captured."

Basch/Kenobi: "Well we must go and rescue her. I have time to kill before my inevitable showdown with Vader...um, The Judge. We will need a ship."

Balthier/Solo: "Yo."

Fran/Chewbacca: *Miscellaneous noises*

Vaan/Luke: "Hi dude. We need you two to take us two on your ship to rescue this girl. Also, there are bounty hunters there who want a piece of you."

Balthier/Solo: "Do they have carbonite?"

Vaan/Luke: "I don't think so..."

Balthier/Solo: "Bonus, I'm in. Who is this girl, is it that one who's a princess of a defeated kingdom and has become a prominant member of the resistance against the Empire by being all hard-nosed and prim about it?"

Vaan/Luke: "No. That is an entirely different girl."

Balthier/Solo: "Phew. We were bordering on the realm of parody with that one."

Basch/Kenobi: "Could we hurry up please? This whole place is like some bizarre mix of Naboo and Tatooine, and it's bringing back bad memories."

Vaan/Luke: "Not to mention that, yet again, all of the Imperials have turned out to be British..."

Balthier: "Fine, FINE. We're going."

...I'm a cynical git really. :shifty:

So much of the story is just random bits of Star Wars pieced together that I cannot help but laugh. >_>

I suppose there could *theoretically* be spoilers here...so I'll just be safe rather than sorry.

Basch/Kenobi: "Well we must go and rescue her. I have time to kill before my inevitable showdown with Vader...um, The Judge. We will need a ship."

Vaan/Luke: "Hi dude. We need you two to take us two on your ship to rescue this girl. Also, there are bounty hunters there who want a piece of you."

Balthier/Solo: "Bonus, I'm in. Who is this girl, is it that one who's a princess of a defeated kingdom and has become a prominant member of the resistance against the Empire by being all hard-nosed and prim about it?"

Basch/Kenobi: "Could we hurry up please? This whole place is like some bizarre mix of Naboo and Tatooine, and it's bringing back bad memories."

Vaan/Luke: "Not to mention that, yet again, all of the Imperials have turned out to be British..."

Edited by The Prototype

...I'm a cynical git really. :shifty:

Right, anyone had trouble killing that Esper bloke with the ice elementals? Its pissing me right off. Came down to Fran, Penelo and Ashe for fucks sake before I killed him, everyone else was nearly dead. Oh, and that thing in the forest with its pollen thing is irritating beyond belief.

That Garuda is a fucking bastard. :angry:

I struggled a couple of times, came back with Balthier using his best gun, had Fran cast magicks and then just had the rest try to destroy it, used one phoenix down and a LOT of Cure/Charge combo. Then I went back and got that berry after seeing Demon Wall and fearing it'd be as bad ass as Demon's Gate... which it's not.

Guest clintcasey

Right, anyone had trouble killing that Esper bloke with the ice elementals? Its pissing me right off. Came down to Fran, Penelo and Ashe for fucks sake before I killed him, everyone else was nearly dead. Oh, and that thing in the forest with its pollen thing is irritating beyond belief.