Most pointless/annoying characters?

Liam

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Areis yet. My first playthough many moons ago, I wasted countless hours levelling her up and working through her limit breaks. When Sephiroth gutted her like a fish, I didn't cry...I went into a fit of rage over the time I spent making her not suck. Every time I've gone through the game again, I never use Aeris once until I fight Lost Number in the Shinra Mansion, as in that fight she's actually pretty useful.

Also, Edward from FFIV...I mean seriously has there ever been a videogame character that's more of a pussy than Edward? "Oh noes! I took one hp of damage!" *hides off screen* *Boss laughs at his cowardice, rapes rest of team* "Hey, I'm back...oh shit" *dies*. Every fight with Edward in my team usually had two people fighting enemies/bosses, and the other one killing Edward...the stupid fucking spoony bard :shifty:

Raiden's a given, especially seeing as Benji already mentioned the biggest hatred I have of him...other than the whole effeminate thing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the more obvious "cheese" Tekken character was that break dancer in 3.

Oh, and maybe I'm avoiding Tails' advantages over Sonic as a playable character, I just hate his characterisation, and the fact that if you aren't him (in Sonic 2, when he follows you around), he constantly dies. It doesn't affect the game, but the repeated "death noise" winds me up after a little while.

Eddie Gordo is THE cheese character in Tekken, you're right. LEFT AND CIRCLE! LEFT AND CIRCLE! LEFT AND CIRCLE! LEFT AND CIRCLE! VICTORY.

And, yeah, Tails as a playable character > Sonic, but his character is fucking shit, as I went into earlier. He makes no sense.

Tails Adventure was proper good on the Game Gear, though, even if I appear to be shit at it on Sonic Gems now.

Edited by GhostMachine

Catherine Willows on the CSI Games. She has the most horrible voice, my ears near murder themselves when the bitch has to say something with an 'S' in it.

And she has the most horrid of lines, and the way she says them, ugh. God.

Is she the blonde one from CSI: Miami? She has the most annoying voice EVER. A voice so annoying I didn't think it was humanly possible to talk the way she does, and apparently that's her actual real voice. I really hope she's still single, for the sake of mankind.

Luckily, Horatio brings enough awesome to blot her out of most episodes.

But back to video game characters: The stupid thing with the stupid hat in Final Fantasy (7? Or 9?). You know the one, the blatant ripoff of Orko from He-Man. She was annoying, had about 4 hitpoints, and always got killed.

Also, the male character that wasn't Axl, from Streets of Rage. He was shit.

Catherine Willows on the CSI Games. She has the most horrible voice, my ears near murder themselves when the bitch has to say something with an 'S' in it.

And she has the most horrid of lines, and the way she says them, ugh. God.

Is she the blonde one from CSI: Miami? She has the most annoying voice EVER. A voice so annoying I didn't think it was humanly possible to talk the way she does, and apparently that's her actual real voice. I really hope she's still single, for the sake of mankind.

Luckily, Horatio brings enough awesome to blot her out of most episodes.

But back to video game characters: The stupid thing with the stupid hat in Final Fantasy (7? Or 9?). You know the one, the blatant ripoff of Orko from He-Man. She was annoying, had about 4 hitpoints, and always got killed.

Also, the male character that wasn't Axl, from Streets of Rage. He was shit.

Jigglypuff in the original Super Smash Bros.

Despite being the biggest squishy in Super Smash Bros, it is possible to be deadly with Jigglypuff. You just need to play in the right manner, and have good timing to use the Rest attack. So I disagree.

Edited by DoubleX

If you're truly skilled with Smash Brothers Melee, the rest attack never is actually *needed* to beat the unholy hell out of someone with Jiggs.

Beam Cancelling ftw.

Guest Takayamanofear

Sora I only played KH 2 (I read about the KH story). I was pissed because I liked Roxas and found Sora annoying good (in the I am to nice way).

Miakias Suikoden 5 I just found her a lot more annoying than Lyon. I think it was the constant talking about Princess stuff.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Areis yet. My first playthough many moons ago, I wasted countless hours levelling her up and working through her limit breaks. When Sephiroth gutted her like a fish, I didn't cry...I went into a fit of rage over the time I spent making her not suck. Every time I've gone through the game again, I never use Aeris once until I fight Lost Number in the Shinra Mansion, as in that fight she's actually pretty useful.

I heart Aries (anyone who says it with the 'th' is gay), still do. And I think her death gave the FF games a new unpredictable edge. But yeah, it is pretty annoying to lose her, still if you get her final limit break, it is awesome beyond all belief. :wub:

The dude from the Getaway 1. "Oh, I've been shot in the middle of a gang land war. Let me rest against this wall for half an hour and I'll be able to aim again." OK, yeah, the 'realism' (I use that term lightly, the whole car part of that game was horribly unrealistic) was pretty cool with the getting shot, but it took it way past what a game should ever even think of having.

I heart Aries (anyone who says it with the 'th' is gay), still do. And I think her death gave the FF games a new unpredictable edge. But yeah, it is pretty annoying to lose her, still if you get her final limit break, it is awesome beyond all belief. :wub:

Guest Anti-Hero

Tails.

Knuckles.

Navi (or Tatl).

Tingle.

Everybody who provided voiceovers for the original Res Evil on PSone ("Blood. I hope it's not Chris' blood.")

Excuse me, I feel angry now...

Guest Melkon_Firebane

Cait Sith was awesome..

Jesse was the one i hated in FF7.

My experiences with the first reactor:

*Cloud runs past Jesse before the reactor explodes*

Jesse must be thinking "Ah crap i'm stuck. Should i call out for help? Nah better leave 'em alone."

And then of course getting blown up. The blowing up never stops.