Spider-Man 3 concept art

GhostMachine

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm not a Spiderman buff but answer me this.

Black Spiderman and Venom are totally different, no?

Black Spider-Man is a suit that Venom attaches to, it became black because it was Venom, Venom has never actually attached itself to Peter aside from in "What If?" stories to my recollection.

The above poster is wrong...sort of. The symbiote never did bond with Peter so that it was permanently attached to him, but it did attach itself to him in a way that he couldn't get it off of him without help. (He got it off of him with the help of Reed Richards who used a sonic gun, but it later tricked Peter into wearing it again and he used a church bell to drive it from him) The symbiote that was the black Spider-Man costume and Venom debuted during the original Secret Wars (issue #8), and Peter was the first person to wear it. However, they've changed it to look more or less like a black version of the normal Spider-Man costume in the movie, and that's not what it looked like in the comics.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...-Secretwar8.jpg <----The costume

http://www.artmazingspidermangallery.com/i...dermanBlack.jpg <-----Ron Lim sketch that shows the back of the glove, where the webs shot from when Peter wore the symbiote version.

Actually, I take that back. I believe it debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #252, and Secret Wars #8 revealed where it came from....

Edited by GhostMachine

The above poster is wrong...sort of. The symbiote never did bond with Peter so that it was permanently attached to him, but it did attach itself to him in a way that he couldn't get it off of him without help. (He got it off of him with the help of Reed Richards who used a sonic gun, but it later tricked Peter into wearing it again and he used a church bell to drive it from him) The symbiote that was the black Spider-Man costume and Venom debuted during the original Secret Wars (issue #8), and Peter was the first person to wear it. However, they've changed it to look more or less like a black version of the normal Spider-Man costume in the movie, and that's not what it looked like in the comics.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/t...-Secretwar8.jpg <----The costume

http://www.artmazingspidermangallery.com/i...dermanBlack.jpg <-----Ron Lim sketch that shows the back of the glove, where the webs shot from when Peter wore the symbiote version.

Actually, I take that back. I believe it debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #252, and Secret Wars #8 revealed where it came from....

To make a long story short, the black costume isn't a costume; its actually an alien symbiote that mimics clothing. When it was worn by Peter in the comics, the webbing actually came from the costume, not from his web shooters. It started having adverse effects on Peter, such as making him more violent, and he managed to separate himself from it with the help of Reed Richards who used a sonic gun on it (the symbiote is very vulnerable to sonics and very loud sound). It later escaped and bonded with Peter again, but he managed to use a church bell to drive it from him, and it found and merged with Eddie Brock, who was already a bit nuts, and the bonding twisted the symbiote and Eddie even more. If I remember correctly, Eddie is dead in the comics. The current Venom is actually Mac Gargan, previously the villain known as the Scorpion.

BUT....in the comics Peter has worn a black costume that actually is a costume on several occasions; its what he ran around in after being separated from the symbiote, and I guess what he is wearing (or going to be wearing) during the Back In Black stuff in the comics that's either starting or has already started soon.