EWB's Top 50 Televison Shows

Ace

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Whose Line?, I preferred the American version. I couldn't stand the British version.

And for $1,000,000 per episode, Friends would be a good choice. But did the cast of Seinfeld make over $1,000,000? I also read once in an interview, that Jerry was offered something like $5,000,000 per episode for a 10th season, but he still declined. Was this true?

Seinfeld.png

20. Seinfeld

Editors Note: If Jerry Seinfield was really offered $5 Million an episode and STILL turned it down, then Jerry Seinfeld is one very stupid man

300px-Dw2005logo.png

19. Dr Who

250px-Galacticalogo.jpg

18. Battlestar Gallactica

200px-Ba4.jpg

17. Blackadder

275px-FRIENDS.PNG

16. Friends

Coming up in the next 5, a show that hails from a little street in Queensland, Australia, and the show that had four of the most expletive fourth graders ever known.

Hell Yeah, Battlestar Galactica is on the list...it's definently one of the best shows airing today.

Friends and Seinfeld.

And I don't blame Jerry for turning down the money. It's better to go out on top rather than slowly die out. Most shows usually get lower ratings then end. And I kinda liked the Seinfeld Series Finale.

But it's shame more people don't like Roseanne and Drew Carey Show. Then my Top 4 Sitcoms would be on the list.

Blackadder and Doctor Who are a little low down for my likings, but all good. Neighbours is fantastic, and will deserve its high place. South Park does not, particularly in relation so several shows that its' ranked higher than.

2006a-19.jpg

15. Neighbours

250px-South_Park_into.jpg

14. South Park

250px-Adlogo.png

13. Arrested Development

250px-Theoffice.jpg

12. The Office

OK, clarification. Yes you all voted for the US or UK version, but I'm not nitpicking. This counts as both versions.

250px-Fireflyopeninglogo.JPG

11. Firefly

And in the next five, we have some primetime animated series and another Whedon show makes the list.

Bah, my top 3 (Firefly, Arrested Development and Neighbours) are all gone now, ending my interest in this.... Firefly inparticular deserved a higher placing.

But so did the other two. To be fair, I wasn't expecting that high a Neighbours placing. Obviously the love is spreading, and rightly so!

Actually TGC, if I took the UK away from the US version of Offie, it only slipped two spots.

Still would have been in those five regardless.

Next update coming in the next couple of hours, if not tomorrow.

Oh wow, AD at 13. Would of been great if they got in the Top 10 but this really suprised me, in a good way. I didn't know much people would of voted for it but damn, it get's what it deserves. 13th best TV series of all time sounds allright for a show like AD.

I have never watched Firefly, the only show there i haven't watched. Overal, very happy with this 5, i like every show there (that i have watched).

EDIT - Except for neighbours <_<

Edited by mAXi