Daytime ESPN Watching........

Well I couldn't be fucked going to work today, and I had been been drinking heavily last night, so I decided to call up sick. (Gotta love being the first one to work, so when you call up you leave your message on the answering machine, instead of actually having to talk to anyone).

Anyways I was going through our PVR and had noticed that my flatmate had recorded something off ESPN. I was bored, so I thought why-not see what the fuck it was........and It was the glorious sport of .........Dominos. I mean what the hell? I know it's a strategic game, and one loved by nerds......but It's not a sport. Why the fuck was Domino's doing on sport channel.

Anyways needless to say, I thought fuck it, went out and had a cone and watched some interesting games of dominos. It is particually interesting stoned. I'm also going to have to ask my flatmate why he recorded dominos of all things on the PVR.

Anyways what other sports gems have you guys found on ESPN? It seems daytime ESPN watching is full of the weirdest 'sports' known to man.

(Note: This was filmed on ESPN International, as thats the feed we get here in NZ)

A couple of months ago, I was watching TSN (Canada's version of ESPN, complete with SportsCentre) and I was shocked to see professional wrestling on the channel. :o I mean, seriously: at least dominoes, chess, Japanese Viking Challenge and the once-ubiquitous spelling bees are actual competitions. If you really think about it, So You Think You Can Dance deserves to be on ESPN more than pro wrestling, as it is both a competition and display of athletics, as opposed to simply being a choreographed athletic display.

Edited by Sweet Holy Moses

Guest Mr. Potato Head

A couple of months ago, I was watching TSN (Canada's version of ESPN, complete with SportsCentre) and I was shocked to see professional wrestling on the channel. :o I mean, seriously: at least dominoes, chess, Japanese Viking Challenge and the once-ubiquitous spelling bees are actual competitions. If you really think about it, So You Think You Can Dance deserves to be on ESPN more than pro wrestling, as it is both a competition and display of athletics, as opposed to simply being a choreographed athletic display.

Gymnastics is a choreographed athletic display, and thats a sport. Ahhhh.......

So was it just indy style wrestling?

No. It was WWE Raw. Like two or three months ago, just before it switched over to The Score up here.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be on TSN or ESPN, as some may have inferred. Rather, I intended to suggest that non-athletic competitions have as much right to be on a sports channel as do non-competition athletics.

Cup-stacking is getting a bit of coverage these days.

Its also amazing the amount of rubbish sports that get into the olympics. Synchronised swimming and so on.

I think one olympic games had an event that you one by floating in a pool for longer than anyone else.