EWB Sports Hall of Fame Nomination Form

Clawson

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately believe Sir Donald Bradman should be nominated.

Australian cricketer who finished off his career averaging 94.94 runs an innings, the highest ever. Score 12 test double centuries, and is the best ever.

This site explains it all;

http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/bradman/comparisons.htm

And also my other is Tony Lockett, the leading goalkicker in AFL/VFL history with 1356 in 300 games.

So my nominations,

Sir Donald Bradman

Tony Lockett

Roger Clemens

Face it, this guy OWNS everyone else in pitching. Where's Blitz to back up my nomination of everyone's favorite Texan?

Rocky Marciano

Un-fucking-defeated. How many other boxers can say that during their whole professional career?! He beat LEGENDS. And he's Italian so he rules. :)

Best Sports Moment: Sorry but it's gotta be USSR losing to USA in 1980.. Even if it is pretty underrated at points and seriously, it didn't change the Cold War. In the 70s people were saying the USSR would fall [although no one would believe them] but it was still an awesome Hockey Match.

Edited by maddog

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cashmiesta

Jeff Astle

Tony 'Bomber' Brown

Astle- West Bromwich Albion's top goalscorer who passed away due to head injuries by heading a heavy football when he was play, R.I.P. The King, The Brummie Road old and newwill never forget you!

Tony Brown: Partnered Astle up front and is WBA's most appeard player, appearing out in the navy blue and white stripes a staggering 527 times.

Thats real football, english football. I would really be appreciated if you let my heros in even though they was way before my time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I feel like scrapping this whole Hall of Fame and starting over, voting should be moderated on where the voter comes from (UK, USA, etc) so it doesn't just get full of people who play baseball that the rest of the world are oblivious to.

Well, I know Wayne Gretzky, Pele, Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali and Babe Ruth, but none of the rest.

Why the hell is there an 'auto-racing' guy in there? It can be argued that that's not actually a sport, but I'm not gonna do that, I'm just gonna say driving a car really fast doesn't shout 'Hall of Fame material' to me.

Also, who the hell was on this 'Hall of Fame Committee' that voted for half these people?