Crackdown

Buford Ripley

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the demo, it's hilariously fun to play. It's exactly what I said it would be like (Spiderman with less spider, and more guns). I was playing with a complete stranger from Australia and it was hysterical. He accidentally killed me by blowing up a car I was holding. Then later he was like 'come on, the cops are after us!' and ran directly to a cop car I had already thrown a grenade at and before I could finish saying 'you really don't wanna go over there' EVERYTHING just got blown to fuck. And he died.

We were almost pissing ourselves laughing. :lol:

Seriously, only use grenades and keep getting you explosives upgraded. You can take out entire streets with one grenade, it's the best visual ever.

• 3 weeks later...

So uh, comments.

Don't expect a long game. I've only beat the first gang, but I'm going guestimate it's length at slightly longer than GOW, if you ignore all the races and orb collecting. It's pretty clear they're aiming for co-op friendlyness, I guess. It's fun though, since running around shitkicking everyone off high buildings and watching them fall to their doom never gets old.

There's an achievement for climbing the agency tower.

There's also an achievement for jumping off and landing in the water. >_<

There's also an achievement for keeping a corpse in the air for more than 10 seconds. I MUST DO THIS.

I'm torn on what I want the extra 100 achievement points to be put into, killing stuff is always fun but I love climbing the tall stuff on the demo like the tower and the ferris wheel so more climbing stuff would be great.

But yes, *stabs Zan and the Mexicans and the piraters* I WANT THIS GAME!

Edited by King A-List

I just played the Demo, i didn't follow anything it said to do, instead i shot up all the cops in the area where you start, then went on a GTA-style killing spree.

This game is awesome, I have to buy this.

Free downloadable content FTW!

crackdownagent1.jpg

crackdownagent2.jpg

crackdownagent3.jpg

crackdownagent4.jpg

I remember hearing something about some 10 extra skins in the weeks following release so this is a good start. The first one is ok, the others are kinda odd. I could see myself being the cyborg though to explain away all the jumping and such. Yea, he's a robot so jumping 100 feet is more plausible. <_<

I'm now waiting on my pre-order to go through the motions.

5,000th post~!

Edited by King A-List

When I showed them to Kraig he voiced his displeasure at all of the skins.

My pre order meanwhile is still processing and has been going through the motions since midday yesterday. I'm hoping at this stage to just have it by Friday though i'm worried it may slip to Saturday or even Monday of next week.