The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

What did AC Milan end up with (in terms of points deducted) because originally it was 45 or something, wasn't it? Which really meant their punishment was just as bad as being relegated to Serie B, as they'd need dominant title winning form to stay up, else they'd go down the season after while Juve and all could be promoted.

As for shitting on Juve, you can't really hate them when it's the fault of a man who's not there any more, the fans and the players had nothing to do with the whole thing, it was just the board (and manager?).

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

As for shitting on Juve, you can't really hate them when it's the fault of a man who's not there any more, the fans and the players had nothing to do with the whole thing, it was just the board (and manager?).

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

Not to be a prick or anything, but the players not knowing doesn't really matter. When something like 70% (68-72, I don't really remember) of Trezeguet's goals should have been considered offside and weren't, you would think they'd know something is up.

I'm personally curious to see Montella in Fulham. He had one shit hot season about 5 years ago, then fell out of favour with the coach and was benched. Then two years ago when the Roma strikers were injured, he had another shit hot season before falling apart with the manager. I don't know what's up with him, but it should be interesting nonetheless.

They're already up to third, only a point behind the leaders. Though there are 6 teams within a point of each other at the, Juve are in better form considering their points deduction.

It's fairly disgusting to see them essentially returning to their old position after one season. They lost good players, sure, but they seem to have got market prices for them. They'll have lost money from one year in the CL, but it certainly seems as if they have a chance of assembling a team that can challenge for the Scudetto next year. All these contributes to the feeling that Italian football is still monstrously corrupt, which is why there is so much hostility to Juve.

Boo, apparently Anthony Stokes is on his way out to Charlton. Whether this is a permanent or loan deal hasn't been decided yet. If it is a permanent deal I'd be highly disappointed, we shouldn't let go of a youngster who's only 18 as well as the SPL's current top goal scorer when there are better candidates for getting the chop like say... I dunno... a certain Aliadiere.

Guest muddatrucker

The thing is, there isn't any room for him here, if it was at a different time he'd of gotten the chance, I think Bendtner is our best prospect for the moment. The problem with Aliadiere is that nobody wants him.

Apparently Bent is leaving Charlton, but nobody seems to be speculating as to where he's going.

Mashed Potato wants to leave West Ham, too. No surprise there then. I'm pretty sure Curbs said both Argies were staying though.

This is turning out to be one of the worst transfers in history. Tevez has played like shit and probably knocked £5mil at least off his pricetag, and unless it was very recently or in a cup game, Spud has never played. How gutted must it be to come back from a World Cup quarter final to be kept out of the team by Nigel Reo-Coker and Hayden Mullins?

Edited by Farmer Reil