The Transfer Thread

Guest Ringmaster

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sheffield Star reports Sheffield United are thinking of bidding for Rob Earnshaw, since as plans to sign Nugent have fallen through, and they're unsure about a deal for David Healy.

That way, if we do sign Earnshaw, we'll have signed ONE worthwhile striker during the transfer window.

Signing Healy will not be a good deal for you, he's not been too good for us this season, and we're in the Championship, I can't see him doing too well in the Premiership. That, and I want to keep him because I've always marked for him <_<

EDIT: Oh and Leeds signed Alan Thompson

Edited by - Matt -

Yeah, they're MLS goals, but he seems like a damn good finisher anyway.

Yeah, I saw that before, looks good.

And Lafunk, I'm not saying Fulham shirts as a whole, but US football fans may be more inclined to get into a team who has a number of recognisable players. McBride and Dempsey seem relatively big players for the US, so people might choose to follow how they do in the Prem.

Yeah, they're MLS goals, but he seems like a damn good finisher anyway.

Yeah, I saw that before, looks good.

And Lafunk, I'm not saying Fulham shirts as a whole, but US football fans may be more inclined to get into a team who has a number of recognisable players. McBride and Dempsey seem relatively big players for the US, so people might choose to follow how they do in the Prem.

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

Liam does have a point. Blackburn's the second or third team with the biggest following in North America, and I'd like to think it has to do with tooth-and-nails badass attitude, but really, it's all Brad Friedel :shifty:

David Healy is a god amongst men. Any team would be lucky to have him!

Clearly you're Northern Irish, watch him at Leeds, he's shit, almost every goal he's banged in this year has been scrappy or a penalty (save for Preston and Birmingham, which were two good goals... against two good teams coincidentally).

Sheffield United continue the totally random signings by signing Senegalese defender Mamaodu Seck on a free from Le Havre, and signing Jamacian Striker (.....) Luton Shelton for £2M.

• Admin

David Dunn has just turned down a move to Bolton to rejoin his beloved hometown club, Blackburn Rovers. Woot!

Many thanks to Birmingham City, who paid us £5.5 million pounds to get him back to full fitness before giving him back to us at a much reduced price, fully rehabilitated :shifty:

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

Wait, West Ham are now leading the way to sign Lucas Neill?

The guy's a dumbass if he joins them. Liverpool or Barcelona, I'd understand wanting to play for, but West Ham? :S

• Admin

Just confirms he was never leaving "to fufill his dream of playing for a big European club", but rather he just wanted a load of cash. Fair play to him though. Should be fun in the Championship next year :shifty:

Lucas Neill has spurned interest from Liverpool and agreed a two-and-a-half year deal with Premiership strugglers West Ham.

Liverpool was widely thought to have been the wantaway Blackburn defender's destination, but on Wednesday night he agreed terms on a lucrative contract with The Hammers.

Alan Curbishley is desperate to strengthen his team for their fight against relegation and has offered attractive terms to Neill, though The Hammers are reported still to be negotiating with Rovers.

"Lucas has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half year deal with West Ham and is looking forward to the challenge ahead," Neill's agent Peter Harrison is quoted in The Times.

Neill's decision to choose The Hammers over Liverpool will exasperate Reds boss Rafa Benitez who hinted for the first time on Wednesday that a deal for Neill had hit a stumbling block.