EWB Sports Hall of Fame Voting

Clawson

Who Goes Into the Sports Hall of Fame?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Goes Into the Sports Hall of Fame?

• Joe Montana (American Football)
    • Ted Williams (Baseball)
    • Bobby Orr (Hockey)
    • Dan Gable (Wrestling)
    • Jim Thorpe (Baseball/Football/Track and Field)
    • Jackie Robinson (Baseball)
    • Johan Cruyff (Football)
    • Babe Ruth (Baseball)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense Johnny Perfect but syco's first statement kind of gave it to him right away. I don't care much for wrestling or soccer but when a guy can go through the Olympics without getting a point against him or only lose one match in his entire career that just can't be beat in terms of impressiveness.

So then maybe you will realise you don't have to be the best player in your sport to get into a hall of fame. Maradonna and Best have both done amazing stuff, that shows they deserve to be in this hall of fame. Also they are both up there with Pele, that's my opinion though.

Never said they didn't deserve to get in, but Gable is MORE deserving.

Yes but you cant exactly do that in football can you? While the guys were around though they would be taking gold when they won titles and medals for there club or internation team.

I cant exactly win here because its based on opinion, but still you can think he's more deserving, but a hall of fame never includes just one guy, so my point still stands that they deserve to be in but they aint even on the list.

I cant exactly win here because its based on opinion, but still you can think he's more deserving, but a hall of fame never includes just one guy, so my point still stands that they deserve to be in but they aint even on the list.

There is always September. Best was one vote away from getting in last year actually.

One of the best black baseball players ever?

Eh.

I appreciate everything Jackie Robinson did for the game and feel he should be acknowledged for that, but as far as being a hall of fame PLAYER...that's another story. His .311 batting average is good, but beyond that, everything else is extremely mediocre.

Um, he's the best freakin hitter in baseball ever?

*Don't want to get into Bonds vs. Ruth vs. DiMaggio vs. Williams vs. Random HoF-er here  :P

well, best hitter ever isn't even one of the guys you mentioned, nor is he in the HOF(though he should be). The best hitter ever is Pete Rose.

well, best hitter ever isn't even one of the guys you mentioned, nor is he in the HOF(though he should be). The best hitter ever is Pete Rose.

No, because there are a lot of players who played just as long and had better batting averages.

Just because he holds the record for most hits does NOT make him the best hitter.

(This coming from a Reds fan, btw)

I'd take Rogers Hornsby or Ted Williams over Pete Rose any day.

Edited by GhostMachine

No, because there are a lot of players who played just as long and had better batting averages.

Just because he holds the record for most hits does NOT make him the best hitter.

No Ty Cobb love?

And how come Tony Gwynn doesn't get mentioned? I know he does his thing on ESPN and as a college coach, but his name should come up more than it does with great hitters.

Or Ty Cobb, Tris Speaker, and Joe DiMaggio...