The Mafia Discussion Thread

So, I'm kicking around an idea for a Death Note mafia. Even though I haven't been in here since the Arnold mafia, what I'm thinking for this is that the game will run off of points; say, (If you're familiar with the show), whoever is Light Yagami gets points if L is killed, but loses points if Soichiro Yagami dies during the course of the game. There's a few other things I've thought up which I'd rather not reveal unless there's enough interest in it.

Any thoughts?

It's an anime/manga. A high school student finds a notebook. He discovers that 'the person who's name is written in those notebook shall die'. He then decides to use the Death Note to rid the world of criminals. L, the world's greatest detective, takes notice, and a race is on to see who will get killed first.

If a game's going to have an unlynchable don, if the town tries to lynch him, they should get a second chance to vote. It's crazy to penalise the town (by losing a lynch) when they've correctly identified the don.

In a lot of cases I agree, although it should be a game by game issue. In Theater mafia I had lynch protection, but it only lasted as long as Ben was alive. Ben was getting heavy pressure Day 1, so I fakeclaimed a role that was already claimed by somebody else and got lynched to keep pressure off Ben. It worked, day ended, town got distracted by other non-Ben people and we won with Ben surviving. I like that as a strategy option, but it really depends on the balance of the game.