The Mafia Discussion Thread

I said it in the thread. I was nearly fully convinced that you really were the vig and then instead you throw a vote on yourself. That made me think you were just bluffing as scum. That's the thing that fucked you over. I really didn't understand that.

You did a great job as the vig, hunting scum, but you really cracked under the pressure of some accusations. It's OK though because it's all a learning experience. We've just gotta figure out who's the last scum.

• Like 1

Brilliant move from the other one. Now they all think he's town. (Y)

I know this is just a game, but you're a douche bag.

Why the fuck would you admit you're a killer? SK or Vig, without expecting to be lynched. I called you out on your bad play, plain and simple. Even in a Newbie Mafia, everything you did leading up to the lynch just said scum all over it. You never even cared to explain why you even suspected me in the first place. Just claimed, "my shitty spidey senses are tingling."

Fuck you.

Wow. It's a game. On the computer. With internet peoples you'll never meet. Perspective, young Disturbed. (Y)

• Like 1

For what its worth, you killed like what.. 2 scum? Anyone thinking you cost the game for town cant count for shit. It was clear you werent mafia aligned and you gave your reasons for hunting scum.

It was an odd play. It was even odder that town decided to back it.

• Like 1

He did a really good job hunting scum. He played an excellent game. It's just that I didn't expect 4 scum. I expected 3 and an SK. So, when he admitted he did the killing, it seemed like he could be the SK. Plus, voting for himself seemed like a weird bluff. Outside of those factors, Pepsi did a great job and contributed to the town more than anyone else.

He played well with his kill, but he spent his days in a puddle of drool beneath a cloud of confusion. He even said "Holy shit I look scummy" which is pretty much exactly true. I'd have killed him before the self vote, after it? Easiest bad call ever.

• Like 1

Guest mr. potato head

He did a really good job hunting scum. He played an excellent game. It's just that I didn't expect 4 scum. I expected 3 and an SK. So, when he admitted he did the killing, it seemed like he could be the SK. Plus, voting for himself seemed like a weird bluff. Outside of those factors, Pepsi did a great job and contributed to the town more than anyone else.

Don't ever ever ever base votes on how many scum you expect there to be or on what alignments you expect them to have. Look at each case in isolation.

• Like 1

I know my play came across as very scummy. I've yet to master not appearing to be scum, even when I'm not scum. Convincing people you are in fact town seems to be very difficult.

I flat out told you what I was and that was my last resort. Following that a number of people stated they still thought I was the SK and bluffing, so I threw a vote on myself in the hope that would help people to see I wasn't scum. I can't imagine why scum would put a vote on themselves expect for a crazy bluff, which in Newbie Mafia seems ridiculous. I don't think Disturbed doing the same thing helped my case any, at all. If he turns out to be town then that was as stupid a move as mine was. If he's scum, then it's a brilliant move.

Edited by Pepsi Twist
  • Like 2

I know my play came across as very scummy. I've yet to master not appearing to be scum, even when I'm not scum. Convincing people you are in fact town seems to be very difficult.

I flat out told you what I was and that was my last resort. Following that a number of people stated they still thought I was the SK and bluffing, so I threw a vote on myself in the hope that would help people to see I wasn't scum. I can't imagine why scum would put a vote on themselves expect for a crazy bluff, which in Newbie Mafia seems ridiculous. I don't think Disturbed doing the same thing helped my case any, at all. If he turns out to be town then that was as stupid a move as mine was. If he's scum, then it's a brilliant move.

Which is exactly why scum might do it.

• Like 3

Maybe when it takes eight or nine to lynch someone but when it's four to lynch and one of the remaining players has a double vote? <_<

• Like 1

Maybe when it takes eight or nine to lynch someone but when it's four to lynch and one of the remaining players has a double vote? <_<

Seriously. Scum do this all the time.

You're missing my point. The point of being scum (well, mafia in general really) is to make people believe you're town, the very fact you're saying "why would a scum player do that" makes it a good scum play.

I wanted to get on here and apologize to those whose games I'm in. I haven't been able to access the board for several days due to a perfect storm of crap (laptop broke, iPod touch broke, issues with the online on my PS3, etc), which have resulted in me just now being able to get on to post even this. I would still like to play, but it'll be a few days before my new laptop comes in and I have reliable net access. So I completely understand if you want to replace me, or if you already have. Sorry again to everyone. Not fun.