The Mafia Discussion Thread

And doesnt disprove the fact that ending it in "FOS RIDER" still makes the point.

No one is saying "you cant do that". You just punctuate it with FOS, making the whole of the post that much clearer.

Really. Nice post. Its like you are taking the point out of context and twisting it.

FOS SUmm

Like Rider said, you only get one vote. FOS isn't a way to be a puss and suspect someone without voting for them. It's a way to suspect more than one person and put it out there nice and bold for people to see.

You should explain your suspicion of someone just like you say there Summ, but what's the harm in summarizing and than saying...

FOS: RIDER

It stands out, makes it clear you are suspicous of Rider. Explain your suspicions, and than lay it out nice and bold.

And you can sum up said list by saying "FOS this guy and this guy."

Its not hard. You vote for someone and then say "and I am also looking at this guy." It provides info at a glance.

And any mod that cant tell a FOS from a VOTE shouldnt be a mod.

fos literacy

• Like 1

Verbose explanations of suspicion vs the use of FOS is actually based on the users of said board and the regular players.

In a metagame where most players are meticulous, take the time to read every word, and are able to be concist while being explicative, then I can see a rational annoyance to the FOS.

In a metagame where many players do not post often, skim, lurk, and where players often allow Day 1 deadlines to go by through indifference or a lack of give-a-damn, something punchy and quick is superior so that people can be encouraged to show up and at least skim the thread and provide content, even if minimal.

Your Mileage May Vary. But for my money, I like FOS. It's a quick and easy to use tool.

FOS me for post editting

Edited by DPS
  • Like 1

If this means I can finger Molly publicly and no one will find it questionable than I'm all for it.

• Like 6

Guest mr. potato head

And you can sum up said list by saying "FOS this guy and this guy."

Its not hard. You vote for someone and then say "and I am also looking at this guy." It provides info at a glance.

And any mod that cant tell a FOS from a VOTE shouldnt be a mod.

fos literacy

Why provide people info at a glance though? It just encourages them to ignore the rest of your post.

FOS is just a lazy way of hedging your bets. For example:

Rider: FOS TEOL. I think he's acting scummy.

*TEOL dies, turns up scum*

Rider: See you guys, you can trust me! I told you he was scum!

OR

Rider: FOS TEOL. I think he's acting scummy.

*TEOL dies, turns up town*

Rider: Oh, I wasn't that suspicious of him, else I'd have voted for him.

• Like 4