The Mafia Discussion Thread

Banning discussion of previous games or different players particular play styles could never work. If I played like any other lurker, it would be far more suspicious than if Tigerstyle did it. But how do you justify lynching me before him without bringing up previous play?

I do think people follow me a little too easily. Too much "Pizza is right about hypocrisy being scummy because he caught me on it before.", too little "But is this actually hypocrisy, or is Pizza wrongfully framing the argument in a way that supports the conclusion he wants us to reach?".

our reads are generally no better than anyone elses and often, demonstrably false.

I've always said convincing others you're right is far more important than actually being right. CBL is undoubtedly better at reading players than me. That's just fact. But he's bad at presenting his arguments in an easily digestible manner that will get the half of the game that doesn't really want to play on board. So his solid reads fall on deaf ears, while I can push my 50% success rate at best lynches with ease.

• Like 1

If you forget that you're playing a game that a board was specifically set up for, you shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

I do think too much stock is put into reputation, for example Pizza and I's arguments to get Pepsi lynched in Marvel were absolute crap and it worked and no one called us out on it because of how we are perceived. Too much stock is put into reputable players reads over everyone else too, our reads are generally no better than anyone elses and often, demonstrably false.

Tell me about it. Even when I turned up town people were still leaning towards believing you two.

• Like 2

If you forget that you're playing a game that a board was specifically set up for, you shouldn't have signed up in the first place.

I do think too much stock is put into reputation, for example Pizza and I's arguments to get Pepsi lynched in Marvel were absolute crap and it worked and no one called us out on it because of how we are perceived. Too much stock is put into reputable players reads over everyone else too, our reads are generally no better than anyone elses and often, demonstrably false.

Uh... nobody? I was onto you guys the entire time :/

That was RDT as an independent. Blew his wad too early with that power.

I hammered that vote because I knew I wasn't winning out in that argument and just hoped everyone would see the legitimacy in my argument. They didn't. That was a great read by me as well. Probably the only good read I'll ever make in a Mafia game.

For real, I can't be arsed checking, but I hope every townie who followed that lynch died, cause they didn't deserve end game for following the pied pipers like that.

My favourite is that I investigated Pizza night one and got omniblocked. Whoever did that was a massive nob >_>

What townies? :P

Gorka, Pizza, Gazz, Kuji, DMN, JeriCode, Ben, Pepsi

Gorka - scum

Pizza - scum

Gazz - scum

Kuji - ?

DMN - ?

Code - town

Ben - scum

Pepsi - self vote

Yeah everyone I was suspicious of outside of DMN (so far) turned up scum.

and you've absolutely nothing to present any arguments or evidence against any of them. As mayor, you should be all over the game.

As someone with a slew of new responsibilities at his job and multiple weekly rehearsals for a show, I haven't had time to be all over the game. I'd have thought the overt scuminess you guys were displaying would have tipped someone off besides Benji.

As someone with a slew of new responsibilities at his job and multiple weekly rehearsals for a show, I haven't had time to be all over the game. I'd have thought the overt scuminess you guys were displaying would have tipped someone off besides Benji.

If you can't play then you can't play. But then if you can't play, maybe you shouldn't play? Mayor is a very valuable role and you completely squandered it when you should be leading the town. Phatman and Tiger too after their clearances. Known townies should be leading the charge. Not hanging back and letting scum dictate the first five lynches of the game and offing the claimed jailer and doctor without wasting a night kill on either.

I've always said convincing others you're right is far more important than actually being right. CBL is undoubtedly better at reading players than me. That's just fact. But he's bad at presenting his arguments in an easily digestible manner that will get the half of the game that doesn't really want to play on board. So his solid reads fall on deaf ears, while I can push my 50% success rate at best lynches with ease.

Excuse me waiter? Could I get my compliment with a little less backhand please? Thank you so much.

If you can't play then you can't play. But then if you can't play, maybe you shouldn't play? Mayor is a very valuable role and you completely squandered it when you should be leading the town. Phatman and Tiger too after their clearances. Known townies should be leading the charge. Not hanging back and letting scum dictate the first five lynches of the game and offing the claimed jailer and doctor without wasting a night kill on either.

And DFF was struggling to find replacements for the people who dropped out, so I didn't want to entirely fuck him or the town over by bailing so I did what I could. Shit came up, life happens, its a stupid fucking forum game, and now I remember why I stopped playing.

Oh geez. I found an old flash drive and was going through and clearing it out to give to my wife when I found... this folder.

mafiers.png

"Batman Mafia" is based on the 1966 Adam West Batman movie. "D&D Mafia" is a bunch of my old characters put together in a "safeclaim-proof" type game. I don't even know WHAT was going on with Jobber Mafia IV. "Misc" is empty.

• Like 1