The Mafia Discussion Thread

11 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

Think it's about time to get that mafia waiting list thread up and running again?  I'd run it if people are interested, although if RW wants to he can as well, as he already has the thread for it.

Only if I can be exempt from it again :shifty:

On a similar note, I think the Saint debacle is another argument in favour of pinning my rules thread.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Evil ZerOverlord said:

Only if I can be exempt from it again :shifty:

On a similar note, I think the Saint debacle is another argument in favour of pinning my rules thread.

I agree, it should be pinned.

8 hours ago, Commander Sheepard said:

So I can't be the only one who enjoys going back and rereading old mafias, right? I've been at home sick the last couple days and that's pretty much all I've done. It's actually an enjoyable way to spend a day. At least for me it is. 

Oh yeah. Especially ones I was in or ran. I spent a good while doing that to catch myself up when YouPick started.

9 hours ago, Commander Sheepard said:

So I can't be the only one who enjoys going back and rereading old mafias, right? I've been at home sick the last couple days and that's pretty much all I've done. It's actually an enjoyable way to spend a day. At least for me it is. 

I did this yesterday in preparation for Discworld Mafia. Reread the Greatest Stars of the 90s mafia from 2009 which was the last mafia I participated in, and it's fun to see how it all unfolds and the new things you pick up on during the game thread with the benefit of hindsight.

I do enjoy occasionally re-reading West Wing Mafia: 

How @Sousa and I won that from the odds we had, I don't know. :D

• Like 1

Having now seen West Wing, I can't believe how arrogant and idiotic I was to call out Ruki claiming Margaret as a fake-claim. Of course Margaret would be in the damn game :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DNB said:

Has anyone done a Westworld Mafia? 

It's one of the themes I have ready to go for my next game.

11 hours ago, Commander Sheepard said:

I occasionally re-read all my greatest triumphs, games I ran that were fun to run and classics from before my time/during my time that I didn't play in. That Scrubs mafia was so much fun to read. What was the name of that game where the town got possibly the most undeserved victory ever? Mushroom Kingdom I think, I have fun reading through that occasionally.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Re-reading old mafias is never fun for me. :crying:

EXCEPT Sons of Anarchy mafia. That was awesome!

I think from memory I didn't enjoy that one. Although I thought my death was pretty well written into it.

I think I remember @Jimmy running a mafia once where I was a bag of cocaine or something. I remember getting super frustrated in that game but that was a pretty cool role.

My favourite game to reread is The Mafia of Haruhi Suzumiya, because of how much of a loop the twist threw everyone for, and I still regret that I can't run it again without @Ruki or someone figuring it out.

• Like 1