The Mafia Discussion Thread

So while writing an article about Mafia for the Cube Wiki (something that lazy bum Zan would never bother with, but we all know who really runs this place anyway <_< ), this random thought occurred to me; why is it so much more popular to refer to cop roles and doctor roles as 'investigator' and 'protector' on EWB? I don't even consider myself lazy for not bothering to type it because they're the alternate and supposedly less common names anyway.

Probably because they're less backstory-specific. EWB doesn't seem to have a fondness for non-themed games, so there haven't been many with the basic pretext of 'village struck by murder; unseen group works to pick them off.' Makes sense to have a more generic phrase for the roles, especially since they're more descriptive of the role.

In addition to what Judge said, what I'd have thought was the most obvious reason: because they're not always actual cops/doctors?

Also, Zan is a cunt who should reply to PMs.

I guess it's a side effect of the board's obsession with theme games. Oh well, I'm still saving valuable seconds not typing the extra nine letters of 'investigator' so.

I swear to God this is one of the most fucked up mafia games ever behind the scenes. When Webcom II ends, the director's commentary is going to be SO FUN to write... Jesus Christ.

Yeah, he already made that pun.

Did he? Crap. I haven't been following it at all.

But yeah, I did call it not really being about whatever it was supposed to be about.