The Mafia Discussion Thread

Just as an FYI I'll be away from my current net access for 3 days as my GF is going to Perth and refuses to leave her phone with me.

I'l still be able to get on, just even less then now.

So what is the current status of mafia 'round here these days? What can I expect to see if I join in a game or two? Lots of protracted arguments over god-knows-what? Fun made at the expense of Ace and Ruki? Super happy fun times? What?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

We banned fun in '10.

What? I'm still hugging Myked in '06!

Serious answer, though: I feel like the level of play has dropped considerably since you were last here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it makes it easier to figure out what's going on. Ruki doesn't melt down anymore, LCS is always scum, and people still meta-game despite all good gamerunners finding ways to making metagaming work against the town. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

Good to know. I haven't played mafia anywhere for probably a year or more, due to developing a general distaste for silly arguments that people took too seriously, etc. If I do join up again, I'll probably really suck at first, due to not remembering a whole lot. So, fair warning.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

But you'll be capable of forming complete sentences with correct spelling and Kelsey Grammer, which on EWB means that you must know what you're talking about.

Random note: I played mafia in person over the weekend. T'was fun! It was just town (6 or 7) against the werewolf.

And yes! I don't melt down, I just attacked DMN. Also, the activity sucks too...hopefully I will be able to get all 26 players for my game.

After looking over the waiting list, you guys really gotta start picking themes I've heard of/care about. I saw like 4 that interest me.

Because, of course, everything should cater to me. Forever.

My game has many themes. MANY. MAAAAAANNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

ECW on Syfy Mafia should interest everyone because there's a greater than 0% chance that you'll end up as Tony Atlas.

That is one of the few games that interest me. In fact, it's the most interesting on the list.

Not that you didn't know that.