The Mafia Discussion Thread

Something like a % chance of nightkill protection that runs up every day period while you're active, and the percentage drops as the game goes on.

So for Day One the most active people (within reason, you'd have to watch to make sure nobody postwhored) would have a 50% chance of protection, with a sliding scale of activity downward; Day Two you start from 0 again and you build up to a max of 25% protection, and then it's over. If the game goes inactive at that point then everybody gets a 25% chance of randomly night modkilled, dropping to 0 as they post more insightful posts.

It's a bitch to implement but it's gotta be really incentive-laden to make people risk putting themselves out there with such radical ideas as "no lynch", "EddieG's in this game? have a vote!", "lol Ruki you tub", "goddamnit pizzamonkey not this again", "DMN if you swear one more time I'm going to open a can of the ass whip..." and so on.

Edited by oldskool

The reward for being active is gathering information & lynching scum & that they aren't threatened to be replaced or targeted for inactivity.

To be honeset, that's kind of how I feel about it. No offense oldskool, but I just think what you're talking about would over-complicate things. Intriguing idea though.

I'd agree too if it worked. Instead people put their own self-preservation first and decide they'd rather "play the game" later by not playing early...it's a win-win to be inactive early, if you die you weren't invested in the role so who gives a shit, and if you live you've got it easier as you have extra night sessions to build off of.

That's a horrible idea, oldskool. Yes, let's fuck the mafia in order to get more discussion.

People should contribute because they signed up to play the game. Otherwise they should be replaced.

I think we should do a three month ban on games with power roles, and hope people learn how to actually play mafia.

Now I've found out exactly what just happened in Grimdark, suffice it to say I'm not happy. There's a line between saying don't trust your role descriptions and outright lies, and I'm not so sure Zan's on the right side of that line. Yes, this probably looks like sour grapes, but I am sour, I was enjoying that game.

I will say here what I said in the thread, which is that I've had some pretty mindscrew roles in some of the TradMafs in particular but I've never outright lied to a player in their role PM.

But then I got nightkilled on night one for like the tenth game in a row so what do I care <_<

You know, for as much as I complained about Candor Falls being broken, I forgot how awesome MPH's claim of "nomadic anti-roleblocking antelope" was.

That and this line from Srar:

It's a game. Giant Apes don't really investigate people either.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I wish I'd just sucked it up and finished that game. :(

Edited by Sousa

Guest Mr. Potato Head

You know, for as much as I complained about Candor Falls being broken, I forgot how awesome MPH's claim of "nomadic anti-roleblocking antelope" was.

That and this line from Srar:

It's a game. Giant Apes don't really investigate people either.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I wish I'd just sucked it up and finished that game. :(

In my defense, it got progressively weirder as more and more information came out against me.

Over the span of about five minutes.

How do we feel about "if town lynches scum then said scum gets no nightkill that night" as an incentive to get the town swinging in the dark? I'm in about 4 games and nobody's lynching anybody in any of them. It's beyond ridiculous.